cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skilley80
Engaged Sweeper
Another duplicate asset question...

I have one virtual machine that started showing up twice under assets. I've tried deleting both several times and both keep showing up.

1 chooses the MAC address for whatever weird reason in the AssetUnique field in tblAssets
1 chooses the normal domain\computername\1 format that all other computers use

Domain, userdomain, fqdn, ip address, assetname, etc all match.

Anyone have a clue why this happens and how to fix it?
I'm using the latest version v. 7.2.100.23
13 REPLIES 13
it9
Engaged Sweeper II
I have the same problem for a long time. It's really annoying and their customer support basically told me they know about this issue and will be fixed in one of the feature releases - why is this even in production product that lot of people are paying, I have no idea, but I'm definitely disappointed.

edit: Included answer I've got in mail.

The large number of merging comments is a known issue in the current Lansweeper version and a fix should be included in one of our next releases. We recommend checking our changelog for bug ID: LAN-4083 when a new version is released to make sure this fix is included. You can enable the update check in the Lansweeper web console under Configuration\Your Lansweeper License to be notified of any new releases. You can find our changelog here: https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog.aspx

I also have a lot of assets - HyperV VM's that are stucked in queue for days!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Are these Hyper-V machines by any chance?

Also, its best to report these to support so they can be added to the related development tasks.
Esben.D wrote:
Are these Hyper-V machines by any chance?

Also, its best to report these to support so they can be added to the related development tasks.

Yes, Hyper-V
dmorgan1
Engaged Sweeper II
In a possibly similar problem, I keep getting comments generated on virtual machines that read "Renamed [MAC address] to [domain\machinename]". Why is this happening and how can I prevent it?