cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canitoHD
Engaged Sweeper
Hello community, I would be grateful if you could help me, I need to uninstall any installed version of flash player and install only the latest version, this is on windows computers.

I hope you can help me, stay tuned for your comments
4 REPLIES 4
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
MMC as in the Microsoft Management Console? What are you trying to achieve?
canitoHD
Engaged Sweeper
How do you copy or replace the mmc file or edit it and leave those values as needed?
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Quick note: Beginning with Flash Player 11.5, uninstalling the Flash Player resets the AutoUpdateDisable and SilentAutoUpdateEnable settings in mms.cfg to their default values, which are:

AutoUpdateDisable=0
SilentAutoUpdateEnable=0

If you are running the Flash Player uninstaller as part of your deployment process, redeploy any custom changes that you have made to either AutoUpdateDisable or SilentAutoUpdateEnable.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Hi CanitoHD.

This should be fairly easy to complete. However you might want to display a message first as all web browsers need to be closed.

You can deploy a package with a message via the below command.

msg.exe /W /TIME:300 * ## FLASH PLAYER UPGRADE ## Adobe Flash Player is pending an upgrade, please close all web browsers before pressing ok to continue. Otherwise this install will force close all web browsers and start the update after 5 minutes.

After the message step you can have a taskkill command, you want to kill the processes iexplore firefox and chrome.

After that step you want to call the uninstall first.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_Flash_Player_uninstaller

Download the uninstallers use a condition check to uninstall the necessary versions.

Add -uninstall to the Parameters field to complete silently.

After that you could then deploy the new updated version you want, however you might need a reboot, that I am unsure of.

If you need anymore assistance, please let me know.