cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Hi Folks,

I would like to be able to scan the active directory user path at least once per hour (ideally every 30 minutes). At the moment, it looks like I can only set it up for once per day. Other than configuring multiple scan schedules for it, is there another way of doing it?

Thanks!
Ian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ErikT
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

@Ian_Prentice 

Active Directory information can be scanned by several different scanning methods

AD info is pulled from your domain controller, not the client machines.

REMARK:
Please note that Lansweeper will not refresh any AD info if it already did in the last 20 hours. This 20-hour cooldown is tracked in the scanning service memory and is not reset by rescanning any of the above-mentioned Active Directory scanning targets.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
CyberCitizen wrote:
Ian.Prentice wrote:
Hi Folks,

I would like to be able to scan the active directory user path at least once per hour (ideally every 30 minutes). At the moment, it looks like I can only set it up for once per day. Other than configuring multiple scan schedules for it, is there another way of doing it?

Thanks!
Ian

Have to use Active Scanning or schedule Multiple Scans.

Thanks, CyberCitizen. Active Scanning works ok for devices, but not for user accounts. I want to be able to scan for group membership changes for alerting purposes. The alerts work, but only on a daily basis.
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
I looked and don't see any other way unfortunately. You may want to verify your scan length before proceeding with something like that. My AD User scan takes 62 minutes.