cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevce_brazeau
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,
We're attempting to get Lansweeper to scan our SCCM deployment. We were pretty sure we added our domain lansweeper account to SCCM correctly.

We get this error when we attempt to scan.

Entity of type "SccmSoftware" in state "Added" has caused a DbUpdateException. SqlException Errors: -> Number 515: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'DisplayName', table 'lansweeperdb.dbo.tblSccmSoftware'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails

Any tips?
17 REPLIES 17
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I wish I could get you an answer but I simply don't have an ETA at the moment. As soon as it's done and tested. We want to get it out ASAP ourselves too.
Esben.D wrote:
I wish I could get you an answer but I simply don't have an ETA at the moment. As soon as it's done and tested. We want to get it out ASAP ourselves too.

I am also getting the same issue. Looks like it's not addressed in the latest releases.
johnelle
Engaged Sweeper
When is release 110 due out? I am having the same issue and would like to get the SCCM integration complete in my environment.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It's a known issue. As the error indicates, your SCCM has a software record that doesn't have a name (only version and maybe other info). Since Lansweeper requires a software name it erros.

This should be fixed in the 110 release of 7.2.

Theoretically, you can fix this by fixing the data in SCCM, but that's all at your own risk if you want to mess in the SCCM DB.
rocepp
Engaged Sweeper
Esben.D wrote:
It's a known issue. As the error indicates, your SCCM has a software record that doesn't have a name (only version and maybe other info). Since Lansweeper requires a software name it erros.

Theoretically, you can fix this by fixing the data in SCCM, but that's all at your own risk if you want to mess in the SCCM DB.

Anybody know what table in SCCM Lansweeper is looking at when scanning software??
Rocky Epp wrote:
Esben.D wrote:

Anybody know what table in SCCM Lansweeper is looking at when scanning software??

Yes it's looking at table lansweeperdb.dbo.tblSccmSoftware and column name is "DisplayName". The column is set to "NOT NULL", so it cannot insert NULL values, and thats where it's failing.

I recreated the table in my LAB environment, and set the column to "Allow NULL", but it gave me another error, after that I got busy with other work.

Hopefully someone from Lansweeper can answer, else i'll have to lodge a ticket with them.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Ozboyes wrote:

Yes it's looking at table lansweeperdb.dbo.tblSccmSoftware and column name is "DisplayName". The column is set to "NOT NULL", so it cannot insert NULL values, and thats where it's failing.

I recreated the table in my LAB environment, and set the column to "Allow NULL", but it gave me another error, after that I got busy with other work.

Hopefully someone from Lansweeper can answer, else i'll have to lodge a ticket with them.

Correct. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it myself to change the field to allow NULL. Maybe (a big maybe) our support team can give you more details on that. But generally speaking this would be a database modification that is not supported.

Esben.D wrote:
Ozboyes wrote:

Correct. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it myself to change the field to allow NULL. Maybe (a big maybe) our support team can give you more details on that. But generally speaking this would be a database modification that is not supported.

That's correct it would be a database modification, I wonder whether this issue is only to few users or everyone? I n my opinion it should have affected everyone not only few of us, as this is database related issue.