cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DriesBeweging
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello,

We have noticed that sometimes assets disappear in lansweeper. Mostly VMware persistent VM's, when we do a manual rescan of disappeared asset it adds the asset again in lansweeper. But this is an annoying issue for us since we use a lot of custom fields, when the asset disappears and we do a manual scan to re-add it all the data in these custom fields are gone.

We have the option enabled where assets are permanently deleted if not seen in the last 180 days.
But the assets that disappear are online and scanned atleast twice in a week.

Any idea how this can happen?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Dries
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Leeroy_J wrote:
I can gladly report that updating to v7.2.100.23 has resolved the issue in our environment. Great job LS team!

Was just about to post, the issue has been fixed. You can update to the latest version 7.2.100.23 from here: https://www.lansweeper.com/update-lansweeper/

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Beth_Albertson1
Engaged Sweeper
I am glad you found the problem and will keep my eyes open for the fix. Thank you for responding.

Beth
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
We've identified a few use cases in Lansweeper version 7.2.100.20 where specific Windows computer assets can seem to "disappear". The cause seems to lie with the new Cluster and Hyper-V guest scanning logic.

Our developers are aware of this issue, are treating it as the highest priority and will be adding a fix for this in the first patch we'll release on version 7.2.100. The fix will be part of our changelog when it's added. I can't provide a release date for this currently, but we are looking to add this patch ASAP once it's gone through the development and QA process.
Bart_van_den_Bo
Engaged Sweeper III
Seems we are having the same problem but mostly with laptops disappearing the last 2-3 since we've upgraded to 7.2.100.20 ..
investigating and collecting info. will report when i know more

Beth_Albertson1
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, I rescan vCenter, all looks good, and then it soon disappears again. Very annoying! We are doing a demo of the product.
grimstar
Champion Sweeper II
You responded to a post that is a few months old, however I am seeing this as well. I only added our VCenter server a few days ago, but each morning I come in and the data is gone. Have to rescan the VCenter server for it to repopulate. Bug?
RKCar wrote:
You responded to a post that is a few months old, however I am seeing this as well. I only added our VCenter server a few days ago, but each morning I come in and the data is gone. Have to rescan the VCenter server for it to repopulate. Bug?

I have also experienced this with Hyper-V guest servers in the last few days. servers that have been on it for 3 years are lost, then showing up again as "First seen" date as today.

I am using 7.2.100.20 and am literally updating to 7.2.100.23 as I type to see if the latest update helps.
Beth_Albertson1
Engaged Sweeper
I am on the latest version, 7.2.100.20 and am seeing this behavior. I scan the VCenter server, and everything looks great. I check back later, and all the VMWare information is gone. What is happening?

Beth
DriesBeweging
Engaged Sweeper II
When we check for updates, we see "Your lansweeper installation is up to date.":
version
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I recommend you update then.
DriesBeweging
Engaged Sweeper II
We are currently running on version 7.1.40.6