cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Nvidia released a new security bulletin for August which details five vulnerabilities that are being fixed.

You can find the report to check for outdated Nvidia drivers in the report library: https://www.lansweeper.com/report/nvidia-august-2019-security-audit/

Do note that Tesla, and R400 Quadro/NVS drivers are not included in the report because there are no patches yet.

If you would like to read more about the vulnerabilities, you can head over to the Nvidia vulnerability blog post.
4 Comments
heybobby1
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

Thanks for this. Are all versions of the Tesla driver safe? Is that what the report is saying?

Thanks
SecqureIT
Engaged Sweeper II
Maybe someone can help.... So on the May 2019 NVidia Security Audit I had 8 that were safe and 10 that were vulnerable... which I have to leave those because that specific driver is needed to run another component. But when I run the August audit I have the 8 that were safe in May vulnerable and the 10 that were vulnerable in May are now safe...

Thank you.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
heybobby1 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for this. Are all versions of the Tesla driver safe? Is that what the report is saying?

Thanks

According to Nvidia, only R418 drives are affected for Tesla cards
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Rick I wrote:
Maybe someone can help.... So on the May 2019 NVidia Security Audit I had 8 that were safe and 10 that were vulnerable... which I have to leave those because that specific driver is needed to run another component. But when I run the August audit I have the 8 that were safe in May vulnerable and the 10 that were vulnerable in May are now safe...

Thank you.

They are different security issues so they a driver that might be vulnerable to an issue from May might not be vulnerable for the security issues fixed this month.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now