Notification

Icon
Error

Changes in the licensing model

Posted: Friday, August 2, 2019 2:52:09 PM(UTC)
BullGates

BullGates

Member Original PosterPosts: 242
Hello, the recent changes in the licensing model were really a surprise for us. We had in my case an increase of cost of around 3700% that is really not acceptable.

Sorry to say but we have to opt out and abandon Lansweeper, it's a great tool, I don't say it does not deserve the price if you use all the functionalities - but for our use case we have many policies that do not let us use not even close of the 50% of functions, so we cannot afford to have such an increase. I tried to explain this to the management and commercials without success, maybe other users will have the same issue when they have to renew.

Basically there's no "Unlimited assets" license, and you will be charged 0,98€/asset per year. This will make the licensing costs raise in most of the users.
CyberCitizen
#1CyberCitizen Member Posts: 266  
posted: 9/6/2019 7:04:26 AM(UTC)
Disable the stuff that you don't need.
RKCar
#2RKCar Member Posts: 58  
posted: 9/17/2019 9:08:44 PM(UTC)
Figured I'd give my two cents here as well. We're up for renewal and need an additional 3000 assets to cover in the near term (yay growth!). Was a bit of a surprise to find that they did away with any volume license discount above 5000 assets. The website still functions like you get a volume discount as it asks you to reach out to their sales team for asset counts above that number.

I like the software, and my intentions are to try and get it approved for another year, but they may be shooting themselves in the foot for larger clients.
magic7502
#3magic7502 Member Posts: 11  
posted: 10/24/2019 6:07:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BullGates Go to Quoted Post
Hello, the recent changes in the licensing model were really a surprise for us. We had in my case an increase of cost of around 3700% that is really not acceptable.

Sorry to say but we have to opt out and abandon Lansweeper, it's a great tool, I don't say it does not deserve the price if you use all the functionalities - but for our use case we have many policies that do not let us use not even close of the 50% of functions, so we cannot afford to have such an increase. I tried to explain this to the management and commercials without success, maybe other users will have the same issue when they have to renew.

Basically there's no "Unlimited assets" license, and you will be charged 0,98€/asset per year. This will make the licensing costs raise in most of the users.

I agree! I couldn't believe the insane price increase percentage! I think Lansweeper is great and we have been using it for about 7 years. However, it has been extremely difficult to get the huge price jump approved for our budget. I don't want to have to say goodbye to Lansweeper, but if I can't get it approved, that's what's going to happen :(
MakeBug
#4MakeBug Member Posts: 56  
posted: 10/25/2019 10:51:23 AM(UTC)
Hm, that makes me a bit worried. My license runs out in 53 days (still didn't get contacted by them yet, 14 days prior is a bit short if you increase the price of your product).
Anyone knows who I have to contact to ask for a quotation?
BullGates
#5BullGates Member Original PosterPosts: 242  
posted: 11/4/2019 6:40:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CyberCitizen Go to Quoted Post

That won't help much, we don't use a lot of stuff since most of the features won't work in our environment because it's very closed and safe. I've asked LS to reconsider and create a moderate offer/profile for some of the features we use, and they didn't accepted.

As many mentioned, for large companies like the one I work for, it's impossible to spend additional budget since we have to report it at least one year before, so the normal for us is that we won't buy and stop using it.
BullGates
#6BullGates Member Original PosterPosts: 242  
posted: 11/4/2019 6:57:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MakeBug Go to Quoted Post
Hm, that makes me a bit worried. My license runs out in 53 days (still didn't get contacted by them yet, 14 days prior is a bit short if you increase the price of your product).
Anyone knows who I have to contact to ask for a quotation?

You can ask for a quotation in the link https://www.lansweeper.com/pricing/
_JasonB_
#7_JasonB_ Member Posts: 11  
posted: 12/3/2019 5:28:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BullGates Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CyberCitizen Go to Quoted Post

That won't help much, we don't use a lot of stuff since most of the features won't work in our environment because it's very closed and safe. I've asked LS to reconsider and create a moderate offer/profile for some of the features we use, and they didn't accepted.

As many mentioned, for large companies like the one I work for, it's impossible to spend additional budget since we have to report it at least one year before, so the normal for us is that we won't buy and stop using it.

Count me in with this crowd. We are in the process of asking for a quote but I have a strong suspicion that the price increase for us will be astronomical. If that is the case, we will look for another product. We have been using Lansweeper for years and it has been great. But we don't use or want the new features that are offered as part of the asset based licensing. Forcing it on us to justify a ridiculous price increase is a bad move.

I was made aware of the enterprise license being discontinued for new customers earlier this year, but have the email from Lansweeper sales stating that it would remain an option for existing customers. Seems like that they have reneged on this. Again, a bad move imo.

Active Discussions

Lansweeper TPM scanning
by  gene@sca   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 10:40:24 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Bulk AssetLock set
by  tcooper  
Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 6:24:15 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Set AssetType based on Model?
by  tcooper   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 6:16:57 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Public IP Address
by  David Goodwin  
Last post: Yesterday at 4:57:14 PM(UTC)
Lansweeper Exchange Scan in v7 and DAG
by  Peter.Riederer   Go to last post Go to first unread
Last post: Yesterday at 8:42:48 AM(UTC)
Lansweeper Asset Scanning - Change Types
by  DNuhija