cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewhite
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I'm updating some Windows 10 1709 machines to version 1803, but Lansweeper is still showing the 'OS Version' of these machines to be 1709. Oddly, the 'Build' value is correct. Is there something I can to do to make Lansweeper update the 'OS Version' of these PCs?

Thanks,

Eric
4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I see now what you mean. The build number is indeed matching 1803. I verified it with our patch Tuesday reports, in which I do this manually in case people with old LS versions run it.

When tsysOS.OScode Like '10.0.16299%' Then '1709'
When tsysOS.OScode Like '10.0.17134%' Then '1803'

I'm also not sure if the build is based on build number or if it is scanned separately. Have you contacted support about this?
ewhite
Engaged Sweeper
Esben.D wrote:
I see now what you mean. The build number is indeed matching 1803. I verified it with our patch Tuesday reports, in which I do this manually in case people with old LS versions run it.

When tsysOS.OScode Like '10.0.16299%' Then '1709'
When tsysOS.OScode Like '10.0.17134%' Then '1803'

I'm also not sure if the build is based on build number or if it is scanned separately. Have you contacted support about this?

I sent email to support this morning. I'll let you know what I learn. Thanks
ewhite
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks. I hadn't investigated that scanned item interval page before. It's not clear to me where Lansweeper is getting its "Version" information. I see that "OS" is a scanned item but I don't see "Version" listed in the list of scanned items.

Lansweeper knows that the Build has updated to a number that reflects Version 1803 and reports that Build version correctly, but Version remains unchanged at 1709.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
take a look at this KB article: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/managing-how-often-specific-data-is-scanned/

Not all data is scanned during every scan by default. If you want a full rescan you can do so by navigating to the assets page and clicking the rescan button there.