cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William382
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm not see Office 365 ProPlus populating in the software section in some of my PCs.

Trying to find the root cause of some version difference in our organization...but they are not all showing up. I'm certain about this.

Thoughts/solutions?

- I expect this issue "may" resolve itself since we updated our WSUS from 2008..on...today. But not 100% sure and still curious why some are not showing up.
5 REPLIES 5
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Maybe get in touch with support, they can verify whether the software has the required registry keys to be scanned. It's very rare that they don't.

You can also check whether it shows up under installed programs and features. Theoretically, everything that does should be scanned
William382
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
Maybe get in touch with support, they can verify whether the software has the required registry keys to be scanned. It's very rare that they don't.

You can also check whether it shows up under installed programs and features. Theoretically, everything that does should be scanned

If your referring to MS support, I'll just live with it. I don't think I'll resolve this if there is no quick fix. When Outlook introduces the Encrypt button to all, I'll prob need to buckle down and find the fix. This is the only feature I'm actually waiting for and that sparked this post.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Have you deployed the ProPlus installer or are you using the pre-loaded Windows store versions?

With our deployments, we remove the store version and use the actual installer as I believe Lansweeper has trouble picking up / detecting store versions of apps.
CyberCitizen wrote:
Have you deployed the ProPlus installer or are you using the pre-loaded Windows store versions?

With our deployments, we remove the store version and use the actual installer as I believe Lansweeper has trouble picking up / detecting store versions of apps.

I used the deployment tool to deploy the software, not the windows store. Same image org wide (we smallish)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/overview-of-the-office-2016-deployment-tool
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
CyberCitizen wrote:

Windows Store apps are indeed not scanned currently. If you're looking for a specific store app, you can probably report on it after doing a file or registry scan.