cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We released our new Report Library as mentioned in the announcement post. Feel free to check it out or go straight to the new Report Library.

If you have any feedback on how we can improve the Report Library further, feel free to drop a comment below!
3 REPLIES 3
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
I really like the idea of having a report library. I do feel that the companion piece for this is that Lansweeper really has to have sub-sections for reports. What with all the great canned reports, then if you start adding your own, it can easily become overwhelming and make you less likely to use reports. I have 592 reports right now personally - it would be great if I could break those down into manageable categories in Lansweeper.

Thanks
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
jwood.mls wrote:
I really like the idea of having a report library. I do feel that the companion piece for this is that Lansweeper really has to have sub-sections for reports. What with all the great canned reports, then if you start adding your own, it can easily become overwhelming and make you less likely to use reports. I have 592 reports right now personally - it would be great if I could break those down into manageable categories in Lansweeper.

Thanks

Even though it's not directly related to the report library on the website, I'll pass it along. Best thing to do I found is to prefix your reports.
Esben.D wrote:

Even though it's not directly related to the report library on the website, I'll pass it along. Best thing to do I found is to prefix your reports.

We do use prefixes; however when you have 500+ reports and 10+ people using them, not everyone thinks of the same prefix. If it could be categorized easier in Lansweeper by only having to look at say 10-20 headings, then drill down, I think it would reduce the barriers to using reports. I love working with reports, but I think its daunting to some, and if they knew where to look better for examples, they'd jump in quicker. Clearly the report library will help with this, and I think categories in Lansweeper will as well.