cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nscharmer
Engaged Sweeper
We are using the default unauthorized software report to scan our network for computers with unauthorized software. We have a small number of computers that are allowed to run a couple programs that are otherwise not allowed. I want to change the query to not show those machines every time. I have tried putting all of the assets to be whitelisted in a group and then using the AssetGroup filter and it will not exclude items in the group with the below example.

Where tblAssetGroups.AssetGroup != 'Test' And tblSoftwareUni.Approved =
2 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1

The only way I have gotten it to work is to do the following

Where tblAssets.AssetName Not In ('hostname', 'hostname1',
'ect')

The above method works to get them out of the list but it is messy and I would like to be able to add whitelisted computers to a group as that is simpler.

Also is there a way to have it only exclude the computers from the group only for the specific software. For example Computer A is running a blacklisted piece of software that we approve so I do not want it in the report, but if it runs a different piece of blacklisted software that is not approved I still want to know.
1 REPLY 1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You could try to create a subquery and then filter the main report to only show assets with an ID that is not in the subquery.

E.G. of the subquery:

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetGroupLink On
tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetGroupLink.AssetID
Inner Join tblAssetGroups On tblAssetGroups.AssetGroupID =
tblAssetGroupLink.AssetGroupID
Where tblAssetGroups.AssetGroup = 'test'