cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
I use lsagent on Windows 7 & 10 64-bit client machines. Today I installed v. 7.1.100.16 on the scanning server and as the agents check in, I've lost part of software inventory.

It appears that all 64-bit applications are reported as being uninstalled, leaving only 32-bit applications in the Lansweeper software inventory of those machines.

Has anyone else seen this too?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
A new hotfix has been released for the LsAgent issue.

You can download it here: https://www.lansweeper.com/update-lansweeper/

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
vrocher
Engaged Sweeper II
LsAgent v:7.1.110.2 work well.

But where are a (wrong) warning on Asset Scan Time Page

Last LsAgent Scan: 22/05/2019 13:38:45 - 7.1.110.2 - Warning: Latest LsAgent version is 7.1.110.1
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Rocher Vincent wrote:
LsAgent v:7.1.110.2 work well.

But where are a (wrong) warning on Asset Scan Time Page

Last LsAgent Scan: 22/05/2019 13:38:45 - 7.1.110.2 - Warning: Latest LsAgent version is 7.1.110.1

Yeah I noticed it too. It's a minor thing that was overlooked in the hotfix and will be resolved in the future.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
A new hotfix has been released for the LsAgent issue.

You can download it here: https://www.lansweeper.com/update-lansweeper/
BastiOn
Engaged Sweeper III
Hy,

we have deaktivated LsAent because, every scan LS add the last installed Software and next try will be deleted in History and so on.

Is this the same bug?

Basti On

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
From my understanding. LsAgent checks with the scanning server to see if it has the correct version. Therefore, in order to make LsAgent automatically update, Lansweeper needs to updated first.

Our support team confirmed that currently software scanned via HKCU registry keys is having issues, the other issue was resolved it the last patch.

Unfortunately I can't guarantee any sort of time frame, regardless of how much I want to see this fixed too.
dinci5
Engaged Sweeper
Esben.D wrote:
From my understanding. LsAgent checks with the scanning server to see if it has the correct version. Therefore, in order to make LsAgent automatically update, Lansweeper needs to updated first.

Our support team confirmed that currently software scanned via HKCU registry keys is having issues, the other issue was resolved it the last patch.

Unfortunately I can't guarantee any sort of time frame, regardless of how much I want to see this fixed too.

Can you double check that it's only HKCU?
Because here nothing is displayed from this key on a 64-bit Windows when scanned by LsAgent:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You should not have to do anything else. I would recommend to verify whether data from a recent scan is in Lansweeper.

In the Scan Time tab of the asset's page you should be able to see when the last LsAgent scan was. If the last scan time was after LsAgent updated, contact our support team.
dinci5
Engaged Sweeper
Esben.D wrote:
You should not have to do anything else. I would recommend to verify whether data from a recent scan is in Lansweeper.

In the Scan Time tab of the asset's page you should be able to see when the last LsAgent scan was. If the last scan time was after LsAgent updated, contact our support team.

I can confirm that LsAgent is not yet fixed.
It does show the MSI software now, but not the 64-bit software.

For instance, if you have Office 365 ProPlus 64-bit, 7-Zip 64-bit, Visio 64-bit, Notepad++ 64-bit (or any other) installed they will be gone after LsAgent checks in.
Even if the 64-bit installers are MSI...

So basically...
All from this reg key is scanned by LsAgent:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

NOTHING from this key is scanned by LsAgent:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Also...
Can you not just release a bug-fix release this time instead of letting us wait for the next big Lansweeper release?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We just released a new version of both Lansweeper and LsAgent.

LsAgent will update automatically after you've update the main Lansweeper installation.

This partially fixes the issue, however it seems hat 64-bit software (software scanned via HKCU registry locations) is still having issues.