cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FOVISI
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there,

We saw that each time we made a deployment with Lansweeper, a new key in the registry is added.
Is it normal ?
It's not good for our PCs performance 😞

See screenshot
WTF
https://ibb.co/bNjFRkT
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Actually, I believe Lansweeper does clean this up, as I have looked at my test deployment machine over 200 deployments to it, and only has maybe 30 entries in that registry location.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
Registry keys are created for deployments on your client machines because that's where we store the deployment steps executed by the deployment task. As indicated by CyberCitizen, this shouldn't affect your machines' performance and we do clean these up. A change was implemented for this back in Lansweeper 6.0.110. I've pasted the relevant changelog entry below.

Changed: #434948 When deploying to a Windows computer, registry keys related to previous deployments are now deleted, if they are older than 30 days
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Actually, I believe Lansweeper does clean this up, as I have looked at my test deployment machine over 200 deployments to it, and only has maybe 30 entries in that registry location.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
That is so it can relate to the Task Scheduler process for the install and then the reporting back to Lansweeper. They are a small amount of text and shouldn't have a huge performance issue on machines, however I do agree that Lansweeper should clear this up once completed.