cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevce_brazeau
Engaged Sweeper II
Lansweeper is showing me one user in my organization is "awaiting email approval."
What does this mean?

Screenshot of message in Lansweeper user console
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
A user will be "awaiting approval" if he submits an email address in the help desk that is already assigned to someone else. Ordinarily, there is a button next to the user under Configuration\User Access & Roles in order for an admin to approve the user and merge him with the other user that shares his email address.

However, there is a known issue whereby this button can disappear, i.e. if an admin manually submits an email address for the user without using the approval button. There is a database script you can run to resolve this issue and get rid of the approval message. I would recommend contacting support@lansweeper.com to request this script and linking this forum thread in your email.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Susan_A
Lansweeper Alumni
A user will be "awaiting approval" if he submits an email address in the help desk that is already assigned to someone else. Ordinarily, there is a button next to the user under Configuration\User Access & Roles in order for an admin to approve the user and merge him with the other user that shares his email address.

However, there is a known issue whereby this button can disappear, i.e. if an admin manually submits an email address for the user without using the approval button. There is a database script you can run to resolve this issue and get rid of the approval message. I would recommend contacting support@lansweeper.com to request this script and linking this forum thread in your email.
jutley
Engaged Sweeper III
stevce.brazeau wrote:
Lansweeper is showing me one user in my organization is "awaiting email approval."
What does this mean?

Screenshot of message in Lansweeper user console

Did you ever figure this out? We have 1 user with the same message, but can't see any reason why.