cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johanpe
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

We've created a package to deploy Adobe Reader DC.
The installation succeeds on the pc, but in the deployment logs, the status stays at:
Preliminary checks complete! Initializing....

The used command is:
{PackageShare}\APPS\AdobeReader\setup.exe /sAll /rs

If we create the package to install via the msi, the package doesn't work, if starts, but doesn't installs it.

All other deploys work normally.

Anybody has an idea?

Thx
7 REPLIES 7
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Maybe the machine required a reboot before task could complete?
CyberCitizen wrote:
Maybe the machine required a reboot before task could complete?

Hey

I verified this, and that was indeed the case.
Thx!
johanpe
Engaged Sweeper
Indeed, on Adobe XI versions, and other deploys we also use the MSI's, but in this case, it wasn't working either.

On the other hand, since yesterday, without any change, it suddenly reports the correct status.
But I have no clue why...
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
MSI installers are indeed much easier in most cases.
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
I have no issues, however I am using the MSI as I find you have more control on anything that installs via the MSI.

msiexec.exe /i "{PackageShare}\Adobe\AcroRdrDC1901020099_en_US\AcroRead.msi" /norestart /qn

I can't really help you with using the exe, it could be that the exe isn't reporting an exit code/completion.

You can grab the MSI's from here, and when you push an updated msi, it upgrades etc.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/
CyberCitizen wrote:
I have no issues, however I am using the MSI as I find you have more control on anything that installs via the MSI.

msiexec.exe /i "{PackageShare}\Adobe\AcroRdrDC1901020099_en_US\AcroRead.msi" /norestart /qn

I can't really help you with using the exe, it could be that the exe isn't reporting an exit code/completion.

You can grab the MSI's from here, and when you push an updated msi, it upgrades etc.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Do you have issues with this installing DC 2015?
If i run the Acroread.msi it just installs from the .cab which is the 2015 package, 2019 being the "patch" for 2015.
Can see more info in the setup.ini
Is there a command for the msi to set the patch version when installing?

Not really sure sorry, I just grab the latest enterprise installer and use that when packaging.