cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
I use lsagent on Windows 7 & 10 64-bit client machines. Today I installed v. 7.1.100.16 on the scanning server and as the agents check in, I've lost part of software inventory.

It appears that all 64-bit applications are reported as being uninstalled, leaving only 32-bit applications in the Lansweeper software inventory of those machines.

Has anyone else seen this too?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
A new hotfix has been released for the LsAgent issue.

You can download it here: https://www.lansweeper.com/update-lansweeper/

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
krejar wrote:
Something more to add to this, I have the LsAgent on all of my Windows servers and they are now showing as no antivirus installed

I don't know for sure, but based on this https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/managing-anti-virus-software-reports/ it looks like AV info comes from Windows Security Center and also the software list. The software list isn't working with LSAgent so that's out and Windows Server didn't used to have Windows Security Center, just the desktops do (maybe that's changed in recent releases).

Perhaps that's an explanation, the two methods of determining AV aren't finding the software installed.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
cycleheat wrote:
krejar wrote:
Something more to add to this, I have the LsAgent on all of my Windows servers and they are now showing as no antivirus installed

I don't know for sure, but based on this https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/managing-anti-virus-software-reports/ it looks like AV info comes from Windows Security Center and also the software list. The software list isn't working with LSAgent so that's out and Windows Server didn't used to have Windows Security Center, just the desktops do (maybe that's changed in recent releases).

Perhaps that's an explanation, the two methods of determining AV aren't finding the software installed.

Correct!
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
Thanks thoughtmonkey. Using a WMI scan isn't too practical for me right now, but I'll work towards that while waiting for a new agent release. Maybe I'll just remove the agent from the routinely on-premise machines.
thoughtmonkey
Engaged Sweeper II
I was advised in my post (below) to disable LS Agent scanning, until the bug is corrected.

History Deleting Daily
cycleheat
Engaged Sweeper III
Is there a timeline for when the fix will be available? Or a workaround? The software inventory is pretty crippled 🙂
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The issue is related to installed MSI software. A fix is already in the works. Once it's been tested a new LsAgent version will be pushed out, Windows LsAgent installs should update automatically at that point.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
email support@lansweeper.com and post your results/findings here ?? I'm interested in the answer, before I upgrade.
JacobH wrote:
email support@lansweeper.com and post your results/findings here ?? I'm interested in the answer, before I upgrade.

Thank you for contacting Lansweeper support.

There is indeed a known issue in the current Lansweeper version where LsAgent is not scanning MSI software packages. This issue had already been reported to our developers and is currently scheduled for a fix in Lansweeper 7.1.110, our next Lansweeper build.

We don't have an estimated release date for Lansweeper 7.1.110 yet, but we recommend keeping an eye on our changelog for it: https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog/. The LsAgent issue has reference "LAN-2970" in our system and will be referred to as such in our changelog once fixed.

Until the fix is released, if possible, we would recommend scanning the concerning assets with one of the non-agent based scanning targets. If non-agent based scanning is an option, we would suggest temporarily disabling LsAgent scanning by doing one of the following:
• Stopping the Lansweeper Agent Service service in the Services MMC on the clients running LsAgent.
• Adjusting the scan schedule under the Configuration tab of your LsAgent Groups under Scanning\LsAgent Scanning to a high interval (e.g. one month or more).