cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
njordur
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm no longer able to create reports that have my custom views in Lansweeper views. Is this by design now? Also they don't even appear in the Report Designer.
Old Reports seem to work but the code for it does not appear so I can't change them. New Reports are a no no.
SSMS View
Lansweeper Report Designer
9 REPLIES 9
SYNTRAC
Engaged Sweeper II
THX,

that works for me.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I've followed up on this. Being able to view custom views in the report builder was a happy accident. However, with updates, this changed. If you want to use custom views in the report builder, you will need to add them to the XML file in Lansweeper\Website\App_Data
Esben.D wrote:
I've followed up on this. Being able to view custom views in the report builder was a happy accident. However, with updates, this changed. If you want to use custom views in the report builder, you will need to add them to the XML file in Lansweeper\Website\App_Data

HELP ME!!!

I would like to know if there is a specific way to make the modification in the file to add the view.
After I make the modification, I can't load the report editor.
someone could help me?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I just checked to be sure, but it's not something that has been addressed yet. I will check further, but I can't promise anything whether this will be enabled again or not.
SYNTRAC
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi there,
is ther a fix about this? I created a own view and i doesn't see it in the view creator.

Thank you..

LS Version: v. 7.1.117.4

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Yeah I can't see it either. What version were you on where it did work?
njordur
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
Yeah I can't see it either. What version were you on where it did work?

In 7.0.151.4 it worked, I'm sure of it... I actually didn't notice this until I tried changing some reports when I was already in 7.1.50.1.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Could you give an example of how you used this? Or how I can replicate it?

What version are you on and what version did you come from?
njordur
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
Could you give an example of how you used this? Or how I can replicate it?

What version are you on and what version did you come from?

I'm on the latest version.
To test create a view and see if it comes up in the designer. Doesn't for me.