cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bandisforgefire
Engaged Sweeper
Hi, I'am having a problem updating Winrar software through deploying package it always returns me a
message: "Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure). Credential: (.\xxxxx). ShareCredential: (xxxxx)", though the specified file is already at PackageShare\Installers\winrar.exe,

Hoping that you can help me with this, thank you!
18 REPLIES 18
CyberCitizen wrote:
Can you please let me know at what step it is failing in the deployment logs now, and export the xml file again (with your current changes) so I can compare?

If the XML file is the same as the one I sent you, it is failing on Step 2 (where it is checking for the install file).

First off is the install file in that correct location?
Second is the {PackageShare} location set correctly in Lansweeper > Deployment > Security Options > Default Package Share? Is it the same server as the Lansweeper server (eg the .\administrator account has access to that location).

What time zone are you in, perhaps we could do a screenshare if that would be of assistance?

Hi!,, Good day!

I really do appreciate your help, by the way i used the same XML file you sent to me and yes it's stopping at Step 2, and for the settings of location, can you please check the attached photo for the settings of my Lansweeper location if correct?, also this is the location of the installers on the Lansweeper server where the installers are saved "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare\Installers"
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
If you can export and post your package steps (XML File) here I can take a look etc.
CyberCitizen wrote:
If you can export and post your package steps (XML File) here I can take a look etc.

HI, Thank you, can you please look at my XML? i attach it below..
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Personally, I would be using 7Zip, it has been my go-to for many years now and free, but that is besides the point.

What you need to include in your details is the step that the package is failing on.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I got that part, the thing is that the deployment package can either use a 64-bit or 32-bit installed based on the logic checks it has. If you look that which step the deployment fails, you can see which exact file the deployment is looking for.

The name of the file must be exact, so I'd recommend checking that too.
Esben.D wrote:
I got that part, the thing is that the deployment package can either use a 64-bit or 32-bit installed based on the logic checks it has. If you look that which step the deployment fails, you can see which exact file the deployment is looking for.

The name of the file must be exact, so I'd recommend checking that too.

Hi, an update to this, i'm always stopping at Step #4(which is checking for the WinRAR.exe if exist) even though i have the correct path and file name

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
What step is it failing at? The deployment log should mention the step.
Esben.D wrote:
What step is it failing at? The deployment log should mention the step.

Hi, thanks for replying after running the deployment, i always getting this status: "Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure). Credential: (.\xxxxx). ShareCredential: (xxxxx)" even though the path is correctly place. or do i miss something??