cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristian_Blanco
Engaged Sweeper II
Good morning, we are having issues in our SQL server. We run server profiler a we are getting thousand of lines. When we disable all scanning targets and stop lansweeper service those lines reduce to 10%, but we are still having problems. Can anyone help us to make lansweeper use less resources and cause less troubles in our SQL server? Any tips?

Thanks you very much,
8 REPLIES 8
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
That's weird the build number and NT version say windows 7 from Microsoft...

anyhoo... see what support says, but that's still an older setup (as you know).. I skipped SQL 2008 in my career.. and i'm not a DBA per se.

if I think of anything else I'll let you know
Cristian_Blanco
Engaged Sweeper II
Actually, It is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise SP1 and SQL 2008R2
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
OK - that's an odd one lol

Windows 7 SP1 VM, SQL 2008R2?

there could be a lot of variables at play here - run perfmon or resource monitor and see the metrics (CPU, I/O, etc.)

that's such an odd combination - if I were you, I'd put it on windows server VM, and based on the small number of assets, it's up to you, but I'd use either a higher version of SQL server, or use SQL Express with your current windows 7 setup...

I know you can go from SQL Express to MSSQL, but not sure if you can go backwards...

Cristian_Blanco
Engaged Sweeper II
APPLICATIONS Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP3) - 10.50.6000.34 (X64) Aug 19 2014 12:21:34 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation Enterprise Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.1 <X64> (Build 7601: Service Pack 1) (Hypervisor)
Database: lansweeperdb
Server: localhost
Schema Version: 163
Assets: 3250
Size: 933.63 MB
Unallocated: 187.02 M

I will also contact lansweeper support.
Thanks!!!
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
can you go to configuration > database tables and share SQL version and database sizes? can you share the VM sizing of the SQL server?

you may want to email support@lansweeper.com - they probably can help more than I can - but i'm willing to give it a try

Cristian_Blanco
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi JacobH, I tried the steps you gave me, but it is still slow. I am having 43154 Reads in SQL profiler.
Any other idea?
Cristian_Blanco
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks Jacob, we´ve just tried that. I will get back to you.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Perhaps this will help

https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/clearing-tables-to-free-up-space-and-improve-performance/