cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matthew-cotter
Engaged Sweeper
This functionality might already exist but I haven't been able to locate. I love the fact that I can add multiple assets concerning related to each work order. Is there a way to show those assets while hovering over the ticket description on the main help desk page? I would like to be able to see the assets affected without having to view the ticket fully. Or, is there a way to have the assets concerning info attached to the email that is sent on ticket creation? This would be useful information for the agent responding to the ticket as without it, they need to log into the web and fully open the ticket to see which asset is affected.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
This is currently not possible, unless you put the assets in a note or custom field. We're planning on making the tickets overview page modular, which will allow you to add the assets as data being shown (among others things). There will also be more tags to be added to email templates. This will probably be in update 6.1. Development for this update will start within a few weeks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jutley
Engaged Sweeper III
Has there been any work towards this?
The original poster is a coworker, and this is something we'd all love to have.
When our techs are out on the road and they get a new ticket email, it's difficult for them to tell what assets they are dealing with. The assetname tells them a lot about the type of computer, OS, etc they are about to work on based on our naming convention.
We also don't have our Lansweeper webpage accessible from outside our network, so when the techs are out on the road, they can't click the link in the email to the ticket and view it. Even if they could, it's a nightmare navigating the webpage using a mobile device, there isn't any sort of responsiveness to make it look better on a mobile device.
There are two things that would make this much better:

1. Make it where there is a button on the WYSYWIG editor when creating a ticket that will embed the "assets concerning" list right in the body of the ticket. Then it's automatically going to show up in the ticket email that is sent.

2. Make a tag for the assets concerning in the email template, something like [assetids]. I know the fact that it's an array makes it more complicated to embed, but maybe have it just grab one of the assets and display it. I can't think of many times that we list more than 1 asset in a ticket if they all aren't the same type of asset. So just displaying one would be helpful.

I know your focus is more on asset discovery right now after reading other posts in the HelpDesk forum, but this would make life much easier for our techs.

Obviously the techs that create the ticket could just type the assets in the body, but they also have to add the assets in the "assets concerning" part because we want a record of the tickets to be tied to the assets. Our goal is for our techs to get these tickets logged as quickly as possible so we would rather them not have to list the assets twice.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
This is currently not possible, unless you put the assets in a note or custom field. We're planning on making the tickets overview page modular, which will allow you to add the assets as data being shown (among others things). There will also be more tags to be added to email templates. This will probably be in update 6.1. Development for this update will start within a few weeks.