cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JSchlackman
Engaged Sweeper III
Since installing 7.1.40.5 yesterday morning, 5 of my 151 Windows assets have their records 'reset' as if they are newly detected machines.

Their First seen date is set to some time in the last 24h, and when I checked one record while while it was happening the record was blank while the 'initial' scan was made, exactly the same way it would be if it was a genuinely new asset. This is problematic because all history on the affected assets has been wiped out, along with all fields that were filled in manually (Contact, Order, custom fields, etc).

Is anyone else seeing this and has ideas on how to stop it? I've been using Lansweeper for nearly 10 years and have never seen anything like this before.

(I'm contacting support with the same information but I wanted to get it on here too in case anyone else was seeing the same thing.)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
On Friday, version 7.1.50.1 which included a hotfix for this issue was released. You can head over to the download page to download it.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
JSchlackman
Engaged Sweeper III
Update: I had a couple more interactions with support, which included detailed debug steps. Unfortunately I wasn't able to perform them all as our MSPs backup configuration turned out to be more limited than I had anticipated and they weren't able to get me a restore snapshot that was useful for troubleshooting. For now I am back on 7.0.151.4.

However, Lansweeper support did confirm this morning that they have observed the symptom I was seeing internally, so they may be able to nail down the problem even before I can find the time to upgrade again and retest.
JSchlackman
Engaged Sweeper III
With other applications I generally do the same - but this is the first time I've ever had any issue with Lansweeper in a decade of use (maybe I've been lucky but that's an impressive record in my book). As a result I've become very trusting of updates and typically install them as soon as they become available. I will be re-evaluating that from now on.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
I appreciate the updates -

Fortunately, the application is very easy to restore...

I generally wait about a month before any major updates, and depending on how critical the setup is, have a development/sandbox server where I mess with it, with prod data restored to it, first.

I definitely did that going from LS 6 to LS 7 - and kicked the tires of LSAgent, which turned out, would have been a disaster if I deployed in production.

Keep us posted! and thanks again.
JSchlackman
Engaged Sweeper III
I did get a response about half an hour ago but they are treating it as a merge issue despite the fact that some records have vanished with no new record being created. They asked for some screenshots and a testconnection.exe log, which I've provided along with some clarification so hopefully they will be able to see something else is going on. Ticket #770914.

Unfortunately I've had a few more assets records disappear over the weekend and due to the continued data loss I will be restoring from a pre-7.1 backup at the end of the day if the problem is not resolved. If that stops the issue (which I suspect it will) I won't be available to troubleshoot after that.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
You'll get a reply soon. Most likely with debug instructions.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
I think they are in Europe/Brussels timezone - generally during the week they respond within 24 hours...

JSchlackman
Engaged Sweeper III
Unfortunately I haven't heard anything back from support yet beyond the auto-reply with a ticket number.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
keep us posted - i'm holding off on upgrading at the moment
JSchlackman
Engaged Sweeper III
By comparing with a recent export I've just discovered 6 more Windows assets that have completely vanished from Lansweeper. They are active in AD and I don't have any of the delete options set in cleanup.

I know I'm not deleting assets, and there is only 1 other admin in our install and according to the login report he hasn't logged in for months.
JSchlackman
Engaged Sweeper III
Just spotted something relevant in the Errorlog.txt: of the 5 machines affected, 4 of them are specifically mentioned in the last 4 lines of the error log:

2019-03-07 15:31:50,895 [146] INFO  CAQH\CAQCWLT188530\1: Could not retrieve AssetID from Assetunique
2019-03-07 21:10:13,042 [56] INFO CAQH\CAQCWLT192146\1: Could not retrieve AssetID from Assetunique
2019-03-08 08:14:50,141 [97] INFO CAQH\CAQCWLT188532\1: Could not retrieve AssetID from Assetunique
2019-03-08 08:35:25,407 [11] INFO CAQH\CAQCWLT192574\1: Could not retrieve AssetID from Assetunique