cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bford
Engaged Sweeper
I am sure its a simple fix, but when I close a call and make it public the end user is often polite and replies with a Thanks", which then reopens the call and I have to close it again

How do I avoid this while still informing the end user that the call was closed

Thanks in advance
25 REPLIES 25
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
As a workaround, you could create a rule in your email client that moves mails containing a simple 'Thanks' to a folder that is not monitored by Lansweeper. Of course, that way you wouldn't see the actual Thank You message in the Helpdesk system.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Hendrik.VE wrote:
As a workaround, you could create a rule in your email client that moves mails containing a simple 'Thanks' to a folder that is not monitored by Lansweeper. Of course, that way you wouldn't see the actual Thank You message in the Helpdesk system.

hmmmm...that's a thought...perhaps set the rule to read the subject of the email and put something special in the subject for the closed emails...

that's actually quite clever. I think I'll give that a shot.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Auto close is the closest you can get, but like you mention, you would have to ignore the tickets long enough for the auto close to take effect.

MY suggestion was more meant to try and reduce the amount of reply emails when a ticket is resolved. By mentioning that the ticket is closed, hopefully people will refrain from sending another reply.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Esben.D wrote:
Auto close is the closest you can get, but like you mention, you would have to ignore the tickets long enough for the auto close to take effect.

MY suggestion was more meant to try and reduce the amount of reply emails when a ticket is resolved. By mentioning that the ticket is closed, hopefully people will refrain from sending another reply.

Got it. Thanks again.

Our issue is that when users get the auto reply saying the ticket is closed (under our current ticketing system), they reply with "thanks"

🙂

It would be nice to be able to set up a second email account to send the "closed" ticket from.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
There is no way to prevent a response on a ticket re-opening it. The best you can do is set auto close rules to automatically close the ticket and send a notice to the user.

Alternatively, you could enable an email template that informs the user of the ticket status, so that he knows when it's closed.
pryan67
Champion Sweeper II
Esben.D wrote:
There is no way to prevent a response on a ticket re-opening it. The best you can do is set auto close rules to automatically close the ticket and send a notice to the user.

Alternatively, you could enable an email template that informs the user of the ticket status, so that he knows when it's closed.

That doesn't solve the problem. The only way an auto close rule would work is to auto close every time a user responds, which isn't really what we want.

I suppose an email template for closure would work, if you can set up a secondary email address for it to send from, which doesn't add the "thanks" to the ticket and therefore re-open it.

Is that what you meant? If so, I don't see a way to set that up.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now