cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboGFF
Engaged Sweeper III
In the patch notes for the spring 2019 update, this is listed.
"Added: LAN-1822 Detailed information is now scanned from Microsoft Exchange Server: version, edition, users, groups, CALs, mailbox lists and sizes, ActiveSync devices etc"

I've updated to the spring release and rescanned my exchange servers and the only things I'm seeing is hostname and mailboxes. No version, edition, users groups, CALS, mailbox sizes, etc.
14 REPLIES 14
sbAYVdQu
Engaged Sweeper III
keys_it wrote:
We are running Exchange 2016 CU12. I have verified all requirements have been met and I have the same exact logs in my debug, I have opened a support ticket with Lansweeper support.

If/when you find a fix for this, mind posting it here? Alternatively if you want to post your ticket number I can open my own ticket and reference yours. Thanks!
sbAYVdQu
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm also having trouble with this. None of our 3 Exchange 2016 CU10 servers will scan anything beyond the hostname and mailbox data. I've followed the steps in the KB article to set up scanning. My logs:

2019-03-07 09:59:43,260 [domain\myexchangeserver] DEBUG Exchange - Connecting using credential: Global Windows.
2019-03-07 09:59:43,261 [domain\myexchangeserver] DEBUG Connect: Attempting to establish a PowerShell connection on myexchangeserver.domain.com.
2019-03-07 09:59:43,262 [domain\myexchangeserver] DEBUG ConnectToPowerShell Trying to connect to PowerShell on myexchangeserver.domain.com with user id domain\adminCredential
2019-03-07 09:59:43,565 [domain\myexchangeserver] DEBUG ConnectToPowerShell: Status when connecting to PowerShell on myexchangeserver.domain.com as 'domain\adminCredential': Success
2019-03-07 09:59:43,566 [domain\myexchangeserver] DEBUG AddRemoteCredentials: Trying to add the remote credentials and utility class to myexchangeserver.domain.com.
2019-03-07 09:59:45,292 [domain\myexchangeserver] DEBUG ReceivedSuccessCode: Script 1 returned failure. The results will be ignored. Error message = 'The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.TaskLogger' threw an exception.'.
2019-03-07 09:59:45,298 [domain\myexchangeserver] DEBUG Powershell: ScriptFailed - ReceivedSuccessCode: Script 1 returned failure. The results will be ignored. Error message = 'The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Exchange.Configuration.Tasks.TaskLogger' threw an exception.'.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Make sure you go over all the items in this KB article: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/scanning-exchange-server-mailboxes/

Exchange scanning has technically slightly changed so you'll have to make sure that you meet all the requirements. THe article also has some debugging steps that you can use.
TurboGFF
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
Make sure you go over all the items in this KB article: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/scanning-exchange-server-mailboxes/

Exchange scanning has technically slightly changed so you'll have to make sure that you meet all the requirements. THe article also has some debugging steps that you can use.

2019-03-06 14:40:43,795 DEBUG ConnectToPowerShell: Status when connecting to PowerShell on server.ca as 'domain\globaladmin': Success
2019-03-06 14:40:43,795 DEBUG AddRemoteCredentials: Trying to add the remote credentials and utility class to server.ca

This is where it seems to hang
TurboGFF
Engaged Sweeper III
I can confirm all the requirements are met - I've enabled debugging but I can't make any sense of the log it generates. I'm going to send an email to support