cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

Due to the recent vulnerability, I've created a quick deployment package to update or install Winrar to the latest version.
Please note that this is a simple install and I haven't tested it with a licensed version.

6 REPLIES 6
yayitazale
Engaged Sweeper III
If anyone wants to automate the deploy against a report:

Select Top 1000000 tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypename As AssetType,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tsysAssetTypes.AssetTypeIcon10 As icon,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tsysIPLocations.IPLocation,
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
tsysOS.OSname As OS,
tblAssets.SP,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
tblSoftwareUni.softwareName As Software,
tblSoftware.softwareVersion As Version,
tblSoftwareUni.SoftwarePublisher As Publisher,
tblSoftware.Lastchanged
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysAssetTypes On tsysAssetTypes.AssetType = tblAssets.Assettype
Inner Join tsysIPLocations On tsysIPLocations.LocationID =
tblAssets.LocationID
Inner Join tblState On tblState.State = tblAssetCustom.State
Inner Join tblSoftware On tblAssets.AssetID = tblSoftware.AssetID
Inner Join tblSoftwareUni On tblSoftwareUni.SoftID = tblSoftware.softID
Left Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Where (tblSoftwareUni.softwareName Like '%winrar%' And tblSoftware.softwareVersion <
'5.70') And tblState.Statename = 'Active'
Order By tblAssets.IPAddress Desc
TheITGuy
Engaged Sweeper III
I would not use the logic in this package.

32 bit winrar can be installed on 64 bit OS's.

What i did was check for the location of the existing install C:\program file, install 64 bit to upgrade, C:\Program Files (x86) , install the 32 bit to upgrade.

It may work just fine, i did not test to see if a 64 bit installer would overwrite and upgrade the 32 installation, if it does , then this logic would be ok.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
TheITGuy wrote:
I would not use the logic in this package.

32 bit winrar can be installed on 64 bit OS's.

What i did was check for the location of the existing install C:\program file, install 64 bit to upgrade, C:\Program Files (x86) , install the 32 bit to upgrade.

It may work just fine, i did not test to see if a 64 bit installer would overwrite and upgrade the 32 installation, if it does , then this logic would be ok.

The Winrar version will not be updated to 64-bit if you have a 32-bit version installed. I've changed the deployment to compensate for this.

If the architecture check now detects a 64-bit OS, it will first do a check to see if a 32-bit installation is installed or not. If it is, it will continue with the 32-bit install flow, otherwise it will do the 64-bit install flow.
yayitazale
Engaged Sweeper III
I'm getting an error:

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (XXXX\admin). ShareCredential: (XXXX). Command: "\\my-server\DefaultPackageShare$\Installer\winrar-x64-570.exe" /s

and also without the /s

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (XXXX\admin). ShareCredential: (XXXX). Command: "\\my-server\DefaultPackageShare$\Installer\winrar-x64-570.exe"
OllieM
Engaged Sweeper II
yayitazale wrote:
I'm getting an error:

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (XXXX\admin). ShareCredential: (XXXX). Command: "\\my-server\DefaultPackageShare$\Installer\winrar-x64-570.exe" /s

and also without the /s

Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (XXXX\admin). ShareCredential: (XXXX). Command: "\\my-server\DefaultPackageShare$\Installer\winrar-x64-570.exe"

There's a typo in the 64bit command, there should be an 's' on the end of installer like so:

"{PackageShare}\Installers\winrar-x64-570.exe" /s
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
OllieM wrote:
There's a typo in the 64bit command, there should be an 's' on the end of installer like so:

"{PackageShare}\Installers\winrar-x64-570.exe" /s

Fixed it and updated the package above. Thanks for letting me know!

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now