cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mecha
Engaged Sweeper II
Hi,
Our company is wondering about the future for the help desk function in lansweeper?
I also feel that i'm not alone in this.
Is Lansweeper as company still committed in develop and enhancing the helpdesk functions or is it time to find something better?
We use lansweeper today as Inventory Management and its a fantastic product, for us the helpdesk part was like icing on the cake but that was in expectation that it would evolve and improve.
//A
4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
What I can say is that it is still under active development. Which means that bugs get fixed, and new features can still be added.

I can't promise that feature X or Y will be implemented. What I can say is that in general, features are chosen based on customer requests, difficulty of implementation and also partly based on the internal product vision of Lansweeper.

In the most recent feature releases, we've been primarily focused on increasing the range of asset types we scan and the depth of information retrieved. In the upcoming spring release, this hasn't changed. This reflects the type of feature requests we've received.

We link feature request submitted on the forum and the ones sent directly via email to the feature request tracking system to get data on requests per feature and per module. The product manager uses this in combination with other data to determine the scope for upcoming releases.
mhudson
Engaged Sweeper
We would truly hate to have to switch from Lansweeper Helpdesk, so anything you can do to continue its support would be very much appreciated. Thanks
UEFT
Engaged Sweeper II
I have to agree with Mecha. You're not alone on this!

Great tool BUT the Help Desk module needs improvement! As our IT needs evolve, we require simple Help Desk functions to be added to the software. Parent tickets with sub tasks, changes to the interface to cut down on clicks are just a couple of items we've already had on the wish list for 2 years now.

Just saying...
jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
UEFT wrote:
I have to agree with Mecha. You're not alone on this!

Great tool BUT the Help Desk module needs improvement! As our IT needs evolve, we require simple Help Desk functions to be added to the software. Parent tickets with sub tasks, changes to the interface to cut down on clicks are just a couple of items we've already had on the wish list for 2 years now.

Just saying...

I hadn't ever thought of this - reduce the amount of clicks to get to a specific action. Now that I see it written down, I realize I am just mashing my mouse button over everything in this program to get to a specific page or ticket or any kind of action. I don't remember the whole right side of my body aching as much as it does now when I used Spiceworks.