cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
Are there any new features to the Helpdesk with LS 7? I am not seeing any documentation on it anywhere.
14 REPLIES 14
Teebs88
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
Those references are unfortunately outdated and were based on information available at the time. At the time, the plan was to continue version numbering with 6. Which is why you see the references to 6.1 and 6.2.

Along with the development cycle, the version numbering was also revised. Lansweeper 7 kind of marks the beginning of both of these as we're now on a spring and fall release schedule. The features included in Lansweeper 7 were just some of the features that were are the top of the list.

I can't really say what will be in the spring release, as the development process of that update is only just starting. Generally speaking the highest requested features tend to get development priority.

Are linked/parent-child tickets anywhere on the roadmap? This is a pretty common feature in most helpdesk software and I'm genuinely surprised it hasn't been added yet, community demand or not.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Teebs88 wrote:
Are linked/parent-child tickets anywhere on the roadmap? This is a pretty common feature in most helpdesk software and I'm genuinely surprised it hasn't been added yet, community demand or not.

I wish I could give you specifics, at the moment, we're only just starting to assemble and scope out the features that we might put in the spring release. The development team has to carefully scope out every feature to determine how long development will take and which features we will have time for to implement.
UEFT
Engaged Sweeper II
Esben.D wrote:
Teebs88 wrote:

I wish I could give you specifics, at the moment, we're only just starting to assemble and scope out the features that we might put in the spring release. The development team has to carefully scope out every feature to determine how long development will take and which features we will have time for to implement.

Has there been any movement on this feature? Subtickets would be a big plus for properly controlling IT Projects.

Teebs88
Engaged Sweeper II
This is certainly frustrating as there are multiple posts on this forum promising new helpdesk features, namely linked/child tickets, in the next Lansweeper release. Most of these posts reference LS 6.1 or 6.2, however we've gone to 7 without these features appearing. Can we be given an estimate on when these features will actually be added?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
If you want a full overview of the changes, it is best to check our changelog. However, just to confirm, there are indeed no help desk features included in the Lansweeper 7 update.

This update is purely focused on asset discovery since we released some help desk improvements at the beginning of the summer.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now