cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBob
Engaged Sweeper III

Is there any way to enter multiple criteria into a single filter field? By that I mean something like HP AND Brother into the Manufacturer filter. Also, is there any way to search for everything but a particular value. For example, entering "not HP" in the Manufacturer filter would return every Manufacturer accept HP.

7 REPLIES 7
WuGe
Champion Sweeper

@bhartung These are exactly my thoughts.

bhartung
Engaged Sweeper II

You wouldn't think it would be such a difficult thing to implement in Lansweeper. And the benefits it would provide would definitely make Lansweeper a much more nimble tool to use.

I've watched many other less useful, far more complicated things get implemented in Lansweeper.

Oh well...

JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Yeah I can imagine that's not fun...

me, I live inside of SQL Server Managment Studio (SSMS) to do a lot of temporary one-off queries.. but I doubt everyone can do that.

JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Not that I'm aware of - I know it's silly, but by the time you filter a report, you can SAVE AS the report with the filter you want on it... I just end up doing that, if it's more than a one-time need. If its a one-time thing, I just export to excel and filter there.

LANGuy
Engaged Sweeper II
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same need.
MrBob
Engaged Sweeper III
LANGuy wrote:
Did you ever figure this out? I have the same need.

The answer I got from LanSweeper support was pretty much what JacobH said.

It's a good alternative if you plan to re-use it over and over. Then the time to refine it is justified.

However, if you are just doing an adhoc, one-off search then it's cumbersome to have to work around what I think is a shortcoming in LanSweeper that they should address.
WuGe
Champion Sweeper

I find it also ridiculous not to have the option to filter/search for mutiple specific terms in one. 😞