cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BCorrales
Engaged Sweeper
License Count Exhausted due to duplicate VDI guests in the database. We run both linked-clones and persistent VDI machines in our environment and we keep exhausting our Lansweeper scanning license count because Lansweeper keeps adding "new" machines into the database even though they're the same hostname. Horizon View will give the machines the same Hostnames but different MAC addresses and IP's after recomposing the machines or pools. Surely, Lansweeper has a fix for this. How can I force Lansweeper to use ONLY the Hostname for the Unique Key?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Well if you are having issues with duplicate assets, It's best you contact our support team and provide them with the details of the assets that are not merging.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Yeah the upcoming release will have some more fixes. Some of them in the beta changelog.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Yeah, the second scenario is more of a feature request.

Feel free to post what support ends up finding.
Caleb
Engaged Sweeper III
Esben.D wrote:
Yeah, the second scenario is more of a feature request.

Feel free to post what support ends up finding.

I think it was a combination of switching to the new vCenter scanning method along with multiple rounds of deleting duplicate assets.

Support also mentioned additional improvements/fixes in an upcoming release of Lansweeper.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
BCorrales wrote:
So, basically what support above is saying is that their Asset Merging is broken. And, of course, if you don't have paid support, you're on your own. No help offered.

Everyone that has purchased Lansweeper gets support. The reason why I often refer to our support is because for most technical issues, I'd have to take a look at the errorlogs for more information (which you don't want to post in a public space).

When all the merging requirements have been met, the only thing to check is the errorlog to see if any errors were logged during the merge. However, debug logging options might have to be enabled first to get more verbose logging info.

7.1 will also include a few more VM scanning bug fixes
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
From Support:

"Normally, Lansweeper will indeed consider the MAC address to identify assets that need to be merged. It's possible that something went wrong during scanning however, and this asset wasn't merged at the time. It seems that later rescans did get ignored or merged with the Windows asset, as the VMware guest asset hasn't been updated since.

To resolve the issue for now, we would recommend manually deleting the assets, or allowing them to be cleaned up by one of the automatic cleanup options: https://www.lansweeper.com/knowledgebase/performing-automated-database-cleanups/"

I'll manually delete the assets and see what happens
BCorrales
Engaged Sweeper
You know I love you, right?
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
OK i put in a ticket - i'll let you know what I find out.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
I'll put in a ticket and post the solution here - or if its a bug.
BCorrales
Engaged Sweeper
So, basically what support above is saying is that their Asset Merging is broken. And, of course, if you don't have paid support, you're on your own. No help offered.