cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
William382
Engaged Sweeper III
1.) Is there any report in existence that can query (1) group and be modified to add/remove event IDs?

I'm trying to replace some Spiceworks functionality. Essentially some unexpected reboots,expected reboots, domain trust issues, failed vpn logins from RRAS ext that I was able to be notified about. The report already exists for all assets, I just want it to display server..and not every single event. We have some apps that are old and the events will not go away and there are many..

2.) I really like being able to see events per server at warning level or higher with counts.

ex:
server1 Event 6005 count 2
ext...

I might have to bring back Spiceworks for a few functions, but I'm trying to avoid that for now. It's soooo slow.
3 REPLIES 3
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
I'm not sure what you mean by groups...

but you can add the OU and key off of the OU if all the servers are in the same OU...

or you can statically put WERE tblassets.assetname IN ('server1','server2') etc...

William382
Engaged Sweeper III
The alerts work fine. It's just doing it by groups and sending off a report based on x group.

At this point, I have some alerts set to Email, but all workstation now send for event ID 51 (disk). I am logging in and viewing the alerts on the server tab in the dash, this works.

This was an old Spiceworks features I was fond of, and pretty easy to set. Hopefully this gets worked in at this point.
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Lansweeper starts off by collecting the CRITICAL alerts... you can use the following built-in report to get started

Windows: Error events generated in last 7 days

and filter by the eventID's, or sources, you wish.

WARNING: you can tell Lansweeper to collect other levels of events in addition to CRITICAL - but I really don't recommend that as it will grow your event log table by a TON. and then LS will slow down and you'll have to run database maintenance and shrink the table.

fortunately, sql replication errors, domain trusts, group policy errors, unexpected reboots, and more are all contained in CRITICAL alerts.