cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
With Windows 7 EOL coming up in 2020. I've created a report which provides an overview of all workstations and if they are closing on EOL.

Assets that are nearing their EOL (EOL within 1 year) are marked orange. Assets past their EOL are marked red. All other assets are marked green.
For Windows 7 (SP1) assets, the amount of days remaining until EOL is also displayed.

The report will only list assets that meet all of the following criteria:
  • The asset state is set to active.
  • The asset is a Windows workstation
Select Top 1000000 tsysOS.Image As icon,
tblAssets.AssetID,
tblAssets.AssetName,
tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.Username,
tblAssets.Userdomain,
tblAssets.IPAddress,
tblAssets.Description,
tblAssetCustom.Manufacturer,
tblAssetCustom.Model,
tblOperatingsystem.Caption As [Operating System],
tblAssets.SP As SP,
tblAssetCustom.Location,
tsysIPLocations.IPLocation,
tblAssets.Firstseen,
tblAssets.Lastseen,
tblAssets.Lasttried,
Case
When tsysOS.OSname = 'Win XP' Then '#ffadad'
When tsysOS.OSname = 'Win 7' And tblAssets.SP <> 1 Then '#ffdb8e'
When tsysOS.OSname = 'Win 7' And tblAssets.SP = 1 Then '#ffbe38'
When GetDate() > '01/14/2019' And GetDate() < '01/14/2020' And
tsysOS.OSname = 'Win 7' And tblAssets.SP = 1 Then '#ff8b00'
When GetDate() > '01/14/2020' And tsysOS.OSname = 'Win 7' And
tblAssets.SP = 1 Then '#ffadad'
Else '#d4f4be'
End As backgroundcolor,
Case
When tsysOS.OSname = 'Win 7' And tblAssets.SP = 1 Then DateDiff(dd,
GetDate(), '01/14/2020')
End As DaysRemaining
From tblAssets
Inner Join tblAssetCustom On tblAssets.AssetID = tblAssetCustom.AssetID
Inner Join tsysOS On tsysOS.OScode = tblAssets.OScode
Left Join tsysIPLocations On tsysIPLocations.LocationID = tblAssets.LocationID
Inner Join tblComputersystem On tblAssets.AssetID = tblComputersystem.AssetID
Inner Join tblOperatingsystem On
tblAssets.AssetID = tblOperatingsystem.AssetID
Where tblComputersystem.Domainrole < 2 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1
Order By tblAssets.Domain,
tblAssets.AssetName
8 REPLIES 8
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I've posted a 2008/2008R2 report here: https://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postsm56926_Windows-Server-2008--2008-R2-EOL.aspx
Rob_B
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you. Can we limit it to just client versions prior to Win10? Presently the report shows every client O/S, so the report number in parenthesis is not a true indication of how many systems are affected.
Rob B wrote:
Thank you. Can we limit it to just client versions prior to Win10? Presently the report shows every client O/S, so the report number in parenthesis is not a true indication of how many systems are affected.

Hello,

This is my very first post reply here so please don't shoot me if it doesn't work for you. The testing I did on my end seems to work fine, please let me know if it works for you.

Looking at the query it is simple to eliminate all Win 10 out of the list just by changing line 39

- to -

Where tsysOS.OSname != 'Win 10' And tblComputersystem.Domainrole < 2 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Phil

Rob_B
Engaged Sweeper III
Thank you, Phil. That worked.

philmcdonnell wrote:
Rob B wrote:

Hello,

This is my very first post reply here so please don't shoot me if it doesn't work for you. The testing I did on my end seems to work fine, please let me know if it works for you.

Looking at the query it is simple to eliminate all Win 10 out of the list just by changing line 39

- to -

Where tsysOS.OSname != 'Win 10' And tblComputersystem.Domainrole < 2 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Phil

philmcdonnell wrote:
Rob B wrote:

Hello,

- to -

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Phil

It's still showing Windows 8 machines in the report. And also do you have one for Windows Server 2008 R2.
Martiny J wrote:
philmcdonnell wrote:
Rob B wrote:

Hello,

- to -

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Phil

It's still showing Windows 8 machines in the report.

Try this:

Where tsysOS.OSname != 'Win 10' And tsysOS.OSname != 'Win 8.1' And tblComputersystem.Domainrole < 2 And tblAssetCustom.State = 1

And also do you have one for Windows Server 2008 R2.

+1 for a 2008/2008 R2 report. I tried adding them to this report but can't get them to show up.

Socal_s197
Engaged Sweeper
Is there an easy way to add the EOL timer on one of the dashboards?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
What Phil suggested above should indeed work if you want to limit it to everything but Windows 10.

Socal_s197 wrote:
Is there an easy way to add the EOL timer on one of the dashboards?

The easiest way would be to just use the iframe widget to iframe a countdown timer from somewhere on your dashboard which counts down to 14 January 2020.

Did you have something else in mind?