cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTI_IT
Champion Sweeper
I would love to see an option to setup reoccurring tickets for PM's.

Example: Generate a new, unassigned, ticket the first Tuesday of every month at 10AM.
Subject line: Backup NVR configurations
Body: Login to 192.168.2.2 and run the backup command.

8 REPLIES 8
YangersWorld
Engaged Sweeper

This would be a great feature to have

daveb
Engaged Sweeper II
would also greatly benefit from this feature as well for SSL/Certificate expiration/renewal reminders.
jkrelic
Champion Sweeper
YES! +99999 to this!
ITfoam
Engaged Sweeper II
To go a step further, I would like to see the PM tied to asset as well. In the HelpDesk module, I may have a simple PM that says, Blow dust from manufacturing HMI PCs in North building.

But tied to a physical asset, like my shipping station, I could tie multiple PMs to upgrade shipping software, verify scale accuracy, clean laser printer, and clean label printer.

I am being forced to potentially use a clunky CMMS application because of this feature, but will loose so many features that Lansweeper does have.
ITfoam
Engaged Sweeper II
ITfoam wrote:
To go a step further, I would like to see the PM tied to asset as well. In the HelpDesk module, I may have a simple PM that says, Blow dust from manufacturing HMI PCs in North building.

But tied to a physical asset, like my shipping station, I could tie multiple PMs to upgrade shipping software, verify scale accuracy, clean laser printer, and clean label printer.

I am being forced to potentially use a clunky CMMS application because of this feature, but will loose so many features that Lansweeper does have.

I should say that my work around right now, is a powershell script that is set to run as a scheduled task.
Example: First Friday of every month @ 6:00am I send an email in with the following
Subject: Month Restore Test
Body: Restore files from 1 VM, 1 physical, and mount 1 database BAK file to test.

I then have a scheduled task that runs every 5 minutes that executes a SQL script to look at tickets that are not assigned. Given the subject, I set the root cause and category. The script that runs looks for predefined subjects that my tickets are generated with. Right now those are Restores, New Hires, Terminations, and Printer PM.
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
This feature was added to our internal customer wishlist. Do note though that there are is a work around currently possible. If you can schedule the automatic sending of emails towards your helpdesk email address that would do the trick. You could also set up an email alert to send to your helpdesk email on your ticket creation schedule, with a report that is relevant to the maintenance task. If you use that option though make sure that you're using a different mailbox for your email alerts and your helpdesk.
Bruce.B wrote:
This feature was added to our internal customer wishlist...

Can I ask what's the status of this, and if the feature has been added where is it configured, thank you.
marcchamberlain
Engaged Sweeper
This would be a great option to have

We have daily/monthly checks that require to be completed within our business (camera/backup checks) - would be great to have this on Lansweeper as a ticket but automated.