cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanjd93
Engaged Sweeper II
Hello all,

I've recently set up Lansweeper's helpdesk for my organization. Many users have tried it and it's working well for them. However, I've got at least 3 users, possibly more, that are getting the following error every time they attempt to log in:

Error 1329: This user isn't allowed to sign in to this computer

I've tried to sign in with the credentials from one of these users on several other PCs and received the same error. I've looked at the web settings and user settings in Lansweeper and I can't find anything in there that differentiates them from other users. I've searched all over and I can't find anyone else experiencing the same issue, so I decided to post here.
Any ideas?

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I did some digging, I found one similar issue from 2016 where we were able to reproduce this.

We could reproduce this error by creating a test user and filling in the userWorkstations attribute in AD for the user with a computer that is not the Lansweeper server. This attribute is not filled in by default in AD. This specifically might not be what is causing the error in your case though. But it will be an AD user setting or an applied group policy most likely.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I did some digging, I found one similar issue from 2016 where we were able to reproduce this.

We could reproduce this error by creating a test user and filling in the userWorkstations attribute in AD for the user with a computer that is not the Lansweeper server. This attribute is not filled in by default in AD. This specifically might not be what is causing the error in your case though. But it will be an AD user setting or an applied group policy most likely.
ryanjd93
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:

Excellent! The attribute you mentioned was the culprit.
I've inherited a very messy environment, with many odd configurations...
ryanjd93
Engaged Sweeper II
I've created a brand new user in AD, in the same OU. I've added this user to the groups common among the other users that can't sign in.
When I try to sign in with the new test user account, I have no problems.
I'm banging my head against the wall here. Anyone have a suggestion?
ryanjd93
Engaged Sweeper II
Would Group Policy or something at the domain level/AD security groups cause this error?