cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
So I don't think we have many of our cleanup options turned on, but I could see where especially with AD users, it would be handy to have it clean up and remove the users when they are removed from AD.

My question is - what happens to the tickets? If someone opened a ticket and then that user no longer exists, what happens? Who does it show opened the ticket? While I certainly understand the need to clean users out, I also see the value of knowing who opened a ticket, even if it were someone not with the organization any longer.
4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I must have not read your initial post properly.

AD users and helpdesk users are separated within the database. The automatic cleanup options will remove the AD users and it's information but keep the helpdesk contact information for that AD user. So in the helpdesk itself, you won't be able to click through on the user and view the additional information. It will be displayed as any other helpdesk contact.
Charles.X wrote:
I must have not read your initial post properly.

AD users and helpdesk users are separated within the database. The automatic cleanup options will remove the AD users and it's information but keep the helpdesk contact information for that AD user. So in the helpdesk itself, you won't be able to click through on the user and view the additional information. It will be displayed as any other helpdesk contact.

I see, so the helpdesk contact information for the user essentially becomes a static entry to provide a reference point for who opened the ticket?
jwood_mls
Champion Sweeper
I'm not sure if that's what I was expecting or not - I'm referring to the automated cleanup process of AD users. If we turned that on then those users would be associated with tickets but would not exist in AD any longer. Since I think it's an automated cleanup process, how would it ask you to transfer? I thought maybe it still left a placeholder for that user's name, even if they aren't in AD anymore - Just so you would know who originally logged the ticket even if they aren't in AD.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper will always ask you to transfer the tickets of that user to another user before you can delete them. This is to prevent data loss. So you can either create some sort of archive user or link these tickets to another user.