cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CyberCitizen
Honored Sweeper
Surely this is a simple thing, however can we please increase the viewing length on the App Deployment page to see app names better if they are longer etc?

For example, we prefix our names, application installs are prefixed APP.Package Name, Uninstallers are UNINSTALL.Package Name, Command Line tasks are CMD.Package Name, Scripts are SCRIPT.Package Name & simple copying of shortcuts are SHORTCUT.Package Name.

With the shift to widescreen monitors the norm, it seems like we are wasting alot of space that could be used. Either increase the Enable Packages Coloum to be wider or have it auto adjust based on size of screen or even a slider so we can adjust it.

4 REPLIES 4
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
It's not a massive difference with your screenshot, I think on mine its more like 40% white space while it seems more on yours. Regardless, it could be done much better. I agree.
Charles.X wrote:
It's not a massive difference with your screenshot, I think on mine its more like 40% white space while it seems more on yours. Regardless, it could be done much better. I agree.

Yes its more so the package names are being cut off, so its hard to tell what package is what at a quick glance, eg when keeping multiple packages with similar file names or versions.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I haven't actually noticed it since I don't have a widescreen. 90% of people here use multiple monitors which prevents that issue from occurring.

As for implementing this. I think this would be a part of a web console update when/if it gets done.
Charles.X wrote:
I haven't actually noticed it since I don't have a widescreen. 90% of people here use multiple monitors which prevents that issue from occurring.

As for implementing this. I think this would be a part of a web console update when/if it gets done.

I wouldn't say I have a wide screen etc Just a normal every day screen (not 4:3 anymore), but I do have to 16:9 monitors and this is one of the pet hates that the full names are not shown on this screen, they appear in full when you go to deploy, its just on the package deployment screen its a hassle as it makes it harder to see.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now