cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzimmerer
Engaged Sweeper
Has anyone had success in migrating their full SQL lansweeper db to azure? I'm getting the following error with the data migration tool assessment....

User: [Administrator] has unresolved reference to Login [Administrator].
6 REPLIES 6
Alig26
Engaged Sweeper II

We currently have the Lansweeper DB on an Azure SQL managed instance, but we can't use the cloud feature of Lansweeper because it's still not supported. Disappointing that this is still holding us up from using the full potential of Lansweeper

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately it won't currently be possible to install a Lansweeper database on Azure SQL Server. The installer specifically checks for the sysadmin user role, and as this doesn't exist in Azure SQL Server, the installation will always fail at this point.

Installing the Lansweeper DB on a Windows server running in Azure that has a SQL Server instance installed on it is possible.
Esben.D wrote:
Unfortunately it won't currently be possible to install a Lansweeper database on Azure SQL Server. The installer specifically checks for the sysadmin user role, and as this doesn't exist in Azure SQL Server, the installation will always fail at this point.

Installing the Lansweeper DB on a Windows server running in Azure that has a SQL Server instance installed on it is possible.

Hi, sorry to dig out such an old thread, but it's the only one I've found on Google.
I've attempted to install Lansweeper with a Azure SQL Managed Instance as backend, but during installation it was unable to get the SQL version, and then the installation stopped with:
"An error occurred while creating the Lansweeper Database. Please correct the issue stated below and try again! Error: OK. This ALTER DATABASE statement is not supported. Correct the syntax and execute the statement again"

Has there been no progress at all since 2018 (4 years ago) in making Lansweeper compatible with PAAS database services like Azure SQL Managed Instance?
Obi_1_Cinobi
Lansweeper Tech Support
Lansweeper Tech Support

Hello there!

Unfortunately, Lansweeper cannot be used on SQL as a Service yet. Currently, you can only set up a Windows machine in Azure and install a SQL Server instance on that machine. This feature is still on our customer wish list, but we aren't able to guarantee that this feature will be implemented or provide you with an estimated release date at this time.

This would be an interesting & much-appreciated option to as there seem no plans to bring the helpdesk component of Lansweeper to the Cloud version (that's blocking us from going fully cloud in this) and the azureSQL route looks about 3x less expensive than a Windows VM+ SQL server..?

I am also keen to know if there is any progress on this or not.