cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mzimmerer
Engaged Sweeper
While I see there's tools to migrate from Compact to SQL, are there any resources for doing the opposite? Coming into an existing deployment without the need for SQL, only 1gig db.
3 REPLIES 3
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
mzimmerer wrote:
While I see there's tools to migrate from Compact to SQL, are there any resources for doing the opposite? Coming into an existing deployment without the need for SQL, only 1gig db.

Unfortunately, you can't go from SQL server to compact, at least not with our tools. I've never tried it but you can try doing it with a 3rd party tool. But I have no idea if it will work
Charles.X wrote:
mzimmerer wrote:

Unfortunately, you can't go from SQL server to compact, at least not with our tools. I've never tried it but you can try doing it with a 3rd party tool. But I have no idea if it will work

Thanks Charles,
I'm giving this a shot using
https://github.com/ErikEJ/SqlCeToolbox
I'll report back in case anyone else stumbles down this path.
mzimmerer wrote:
Charles.X wrote:
mzimmerer wrote:

Thanks Charles,
I'm giving this a shot using
https://github.com/ErikEJ/SqlCeToolbox
I'll report back in case anyone else stumbles down this path.

Incase anyone else hits this.. I was unable to complete this due to error. We're looking at rebuilding the installation from scratch as a last resort.

We found no way to migrate the lansweeper DB to SQL compact or to azure SQL, pretty well stuck on SQL once that trigger is pulled.