cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jxh864
Engaged Sweeper
If we close a ticket and the enduser replies to the email, it re-opens. How can we stop this from occurring?

Thanks
Johnny
7 REPLIES 7
WitheringSilenc
Engaged Sweeper II
Another + 1 for this option.
Rudo
Engaged Sweeper II
+1 To stop users reopening tickets by email response.

Would like to set: After X amount of days responses to old tickets becomes new ticket instead of reopening the old ticket.
Also notify the sender a new ticket was created instead (a custom message would be great. So we can remind the users of our policies)
StephanieCDA
Engaged Sweeper III
I second this request. I see the option for state change when user replies, but it really needs a "no change" option. We're doing testing right now using an account that has no mailbox. Closed a ticket, received a "mail undeliverable" error, which reopened the ticket....endless loop.
csperier
Engaged Sweeper
Causes problems when User reopens a Closed ticket. There should be ability to prevent Users from Reopening Closed tickets. This is standard in just about every helpdesk ticketing system I have used. It causes additional work for helpdesk to copy then reclose and open another ticket. And then User Reopens it yet again....
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I think the easiest way is to copy the text of the note that you want to create a new ticket from, use the actions to duplicate the ticket, and paste the body of the email into the text box and adjust the other fields.

That's how we do it.
jxh864
Engaged Sweeper
Would there be a way to open a new ticket if a user responds to a closed ticket?

Thanks
Johnny
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Unfortunately, there is no option to turn that off. You can change the state which is set when a user replies.