cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OllieM
Engaged Sweeper II
I've recently added 3 Brother printers to our network but for some readon they're not showing up in the printers page. I have 37 otrher printers in there of various types (Epson, HP etc) but the recently intalled Brother units are nowhere to be seen.

Is there something that I need to change somewhere to get these to show up?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
OllieM
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for your response, after checking through as you said I found that the printers has identified themselves as switches.

I simply edited each asset and changed the type to Printer instead of Switch. All looks good now.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
OllieM
Engaged Sweeper II
Thanks for your response, after checking through as you said I found that the printers has identified themselves as switches.

I simply edited each asset and changed the type to Printer instead of Switch. All looks good now.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Best thing to do first is to double check they are not misidentified.

Search for the IP address in Lansweeper.
If that comes up with nothing, you can do a test with devicetester.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the printers, submit any relevant credentials.

Thats should provide you with more details regarding the ports that are open on the printers. To get the most information, SNMP will need to be enabled on the printers.