cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benidin
Engaged Sweeper
I searched and couldn't find details, I'm curious if the Agent will update itself. If not that would be a nice feature.

7 REPLIES 7
WANOLOIS
Engaged Sweeper II
I cannot see LsAgent autoupdating in any of our computers... are you guys having the same issue?
Bruce_B
Lansweeper Alumni
  • When scanning via direct to server connection, updates are done using the LsAgent executable in the Program Files(x86)\Lansweeper\Client folder.
  • When scanning via relay, updates are done using the latest client version on the relay instead.
benidin
Engaged Sweeper
Excellent

Thanks!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The Windows version is self-updating. Linux and Mac not yet.
Glenn_Gagne
Engaged Sweeper III

Hi,

This is an old post, but still "actual questioning"...

I know the Windows LsAgent should auto upgrade himself to the latest version. But we observe some clients that are unable or still with older version. These computers are "alive and synced few minutes ago" when I verify. No reason to stay with the old version ?!

Then my question is:

- What is necessary for a LsAgent client try to upgrade himself (what is the trigger) ?

- Does the client package is received from our internal Lansweeper server or need to receive it from Internet  (need a specific open port between client and server OR need a direct Internet access to machine level, no proxy, etc.) ? 

-Does it exist a method from the main web console to force the version upgrade trigger to be executed (not an update/sync trigger) or a command line that we could run from a PsExec ?

psluke
Engaged Sweeper
Charles.X wrote:
The Windows version is self-updating. Linux and Mac not yet.

Self-updating from which source? Is it checking the local LSAgent version against the LsAgent-windows.exe on the configured scanserver or is it checking against and updating from a public internet source?

Thanks for clarifying, BR luke
hoanv9
Engaged Sweeper II
I am looking for the same thing. Mostly, lsagent will be installed for mobile user (mean using internet, travel...) and it will nightmare if we have to update manually for them.
BTW, for normal windows, the user don't have the permission to install software by themself. Pls also consider about that.