cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

This deployment package can be used to silently install or update Mozilla Firefox. You can use this report to find all assets which do not have version 62.0.3.

To ensure you can use this package, you must meet the following requirements:

To deploy the package, do the following:

• Download the required Firefox installers.
  • Put the installer in the following directory: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare\Installers. Add "_32" behind the 32bit installer file if you are using it.

If you are using the Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) version, you can find a report for these versions here.
You can download the latest ESR version here.

3 REPLIES 3
kjohnson
Engaged Sweeper II
It seems that I cannot get this installer to deploy. The package exists on the DefaultPackageShare$, however, I keep getting the error message that Result: Deployment ended: The system cannot find the file specified. Stop(Failure). Credential: (.\localacct). ShareCredential: (domainacct). I've verified that the file is there and even set both domain users and domain computers to have read & execute access to the drive. I can run the command logging into the sharedcredential as the domain user. I tried logging in as a regular user and running the command from command prompt but sometimes it installs and other times I'm hit with UAC prompting for admin credentials. What can I adjust to get this working?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
While it is possible, the package is meant for a wide audience, so making the package install a 32bit Firefox when the 64bit installer file is not found could cause accidental installations.

If you are running 32bit Firefox on all devices, it's best to just slightly modify the package conditions.
samirq
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there,

I think you need to adjust the steps a little, as there might be 64x OS version that has 32bit installation of Firefox.
so Step 2 should go to "step 3" in Failed condition instead of just "Stop".