cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_senick
Engaged Sweeper
Any direction greatly appreciated.

1) In the "Configuration" "Asset Pages" "Asset Custom Fields" I set Custom01 to a Textbox and renamed it to TeamViewerID.

2) I created a batch file c:\tvr.bat with the following one line:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version7\teamviewer.exe" --Password TestPassword -i {Custom01}

3) I then created an Asset Action called "TeamViewer Remote" that has one line:
cmd.exe /K {actionpath}tvr.bat

When I run the custom action from the Asset Pages everything translates okay except for the Custom01. Instead of it putting in the number that I manual put in by editing the asset it just puts in {Custom01} in the command line.

Question:
How do I call an "Asset Custom Field" from a command line or lansweeper action script?
8 REPLIES 8
JTempleton
Engaged Sweeper III
Good day!

If everything is on the same network, you could use {ipaddress} to connect to the machines. You would have to modify teamviewer to accept incoming lan connection, but that should work.

Your batchfile should be:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version7\teamviewer.exe" -p TestPassword -i {ipaddress}
studerje
Engaged Sweeper II
Is this still on the wish list? I found another need for using an custom field in an action.
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Below I added some additional information on the available parameters:

{actionpath} - Network share path defined unter Configuration\Asset Pages
{smartname} - Assetname or IP address, depending on Asset type
{assetname} - Assetname
{dnsname} - Name as resolved by DNS
{computer} - Computer name
{domain} - Computer domain name
{tag} - Serial number
{username} - Logged on user name
{userdomain} - Logged on user domain
{ipaddress} - Asset IP address
{fqdn} - Asset FQDN
{scanserver} - Scan server which last scanned the asset
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Currently these are available:

{actionpath}, {smartname}, {assetname}, {dnsname},
{computer}, {domain}, {tag}, {username},
{userdomain}, {ipaddress}, {fqdn}, {scanserver}, {assetid}

remark: {tag} is the serial of the asset
paul_senick
Engaged Sweeper
Bert, is it possible to use any of the other fields in the New Asset form? For example... "System SKU", "Order", "Barcode", etc. that I will be able to call from a custom action?

Thanks again.
Bert_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Hi,

I'm afraid it's currently not possible to use the custom fields (eg. {Custom01}) as a parameter in custom actions.
MrCount
Engaged Sweeper III
Bert.D wrote:
Hi,

I'm afraid it's currently not possible to use the custom fields (eg. {Custom01}) as a parameter in custom actions.

Hi,

is there any update?
It would be nice if the custom-fields could be used as a parameter in custom actions.
Maybe there is a 'workaround'?
Bart_E
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
MrCount wrote:
Bert.D wrote:
Hi,

Hi,

is there any update?
It would be nice if the custom-fields could be used as a parameter in custom actions.
Maybe there is a 'workaround'?

Unfortunately, there is no workaround available. The parameters you are able to use are hard-coded. The ability to use more parameters is on the wishlist but we cannot yet provide an estimated release date for this.