cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee

This deployment package can be used to silently deploy the new LsAgent to assets in your network.

To ensure you can use this package, you must meet the following requirements:

To deploy the package, do the following:

• Download the Windows installer from https://www.lansweeper.com/download/lsagent/
  • Put the installer in the following directory: Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\PackageShare\Installers
  • Modify package step 1 and add the FQDN, NetBIOS or IP of your scanning server for a direct server connection. Add the your unique LsAgent key which can be found in Scanning\Cloud Relay Configuration for using the relay.

LsAgent will first try a direct server connection. Should it fail, it will use the relay to get the information to Lansweeper. Optionally, you can modify the package to use either direct server connection only or relay server only by removing the parameter of the connection type you do not want to use.

Here is an overview of all parameters available for the LsAgent installer:

13 REPLIES 13
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I've updated the package to include a check that the file can be found.

For your issue, I would recommend testing the install command locally on a machine as a test:

• Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package.
  • Use the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options.
  • Paste the command into the command prompt of a machine where the deployment failed.
  • This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well.
  • If the command worked then we recommend that you check that the command has been added correctly to your package and the parameter are also correctly added to the parameter field.
If a step works in the Command Prompt, it should work in the deployment package.

If your issue persists, its best to contact our support team.
fpd2dc
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles
The error message is copied out of the deployment page of LS.
the XXx's are only part of that field as to hide them.

I tried with out the agent key to see if that works, and same message. See I this screen capture helps
fpd2dc
Engaged Sweeper II
I tried running the installer package and got the following error
Result: Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX). ShareCredential: (xxxxxxxx). Command: "\\XXXXXXXXXX\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\LsAgent-windows.exe" --mode unattended --server xx.xx.xx.47 --agentkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxf9864\

Any idea where to look to fix this issue, I modified the items in package.

Thanks
Bruce
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
fpd2dc wrote:
Deployment ended: Incorrect function. Stop(Failure). Credential: (XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX). ShareCredential: (xxxxxxxx). Command: "\\XXXXXXXXXX\DefaultPackageShare$\Installers\LsAgent-windows.exe" --mode unattended --server xx.xx.xx.47 --agentkey xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxf9864\

I would double-check that you agent key was entered correctly (the \ seems wierd, unless that is only part of the error message)

Aside from that, double check your exe file is in the folder which is mentioned and with the exact same file name.