cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperigo
Engaged Sweeper II
We have a list of HP LaserJetM506's that are not showing correctly in LanSweeper. They do not show a proper printer name and the Model shows as HP_Compact_Server. Assetname comes in as "HP » Device Status". We have SNMP on. Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4
JacobH
Champion Sweeper III
Yeah, that screenshot tells me that it can't scan with SNMP, but rather scanned it through HTTP. Run the devicetester and enter in the SNMP string that you think should work, and paste the results here.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
What does the devicetester output give?
You can also forward that output to support. But it should reflect the data you have within Lansweeper.
cnetdrs
Engaged Sweeper
I have the same issue.. SNMP is working fine.. this field "HP » Device Status" is the printer Title, not the hostname field on the printer.. Seems like it should be easy to update this mapping to go to the actual printer hostname and not the title field, but the printer mapping attributes are grayed out.

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I would recommend double checking if SNMP is actually working. When devices are scanned via SNMP they always have a OID on the assets page with which they can be identified. Since this is missing from your screenshot, I think it wasn't scanned via SNMP.

Do a test with the devicetester which you can find in your Lansweeper\Actions. That will give you some more feedback.