cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamsuth
Engaged Sweeper
Are ticket dispatching rules only set for new tickets only, or should they also work for replies sent to existing tickets. I can only seem to get them to work for New tickets.

I am trying to make a workflow for approving tickets. So far this is what I have:

The Project Manager sends an email to our Lansweeper mailbox with the Subject 'Change Request'. Ticket dispatching has a rule to assign to Approvers Team and set the state Pending Approval. This works.

I want another email rule, that when someone in the Approvers Team replies to all with a keyword (#Approved or #Denied) the ticket is updated to a new status (Approved/Denied) and assigned to the ticket originator.
10 REPLIES 10
Karel DS wrote:
Dispatching rules will only work for new tickets created when emailed. This might be extended to tickets created on the website in the near future. A workflow system is in the pipeline, but development for this hasn't started yet.

One year has passed now, and I can't find any updates on this request. Our purchase order system is costing us $3000 a year, and it's overkill because I only need a simple approval function.