cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ewieder-inxpo
Engaged Sweeper
I am unable to get the Lansweeper plugin to work in new Chrome setup. When looking for the plugin in the webstore, it says it cannot find it. When clicking on the link in the Lansweeper documentation, https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hcnhehfhmoehmgleanahialfapndding it comes up with Error 404 (Not Found)

Any ideas?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The new version is live.

When using the new version both the old plugin (if you still have it installed) and the new plugin will work.

To install the new plugin you can follow this knowledgebase article.

You can download the latest Lansweeper version here.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The new version is live.

When using the new version both the old plugin (if you still have it installed) and the new plugin will work.

To install the new plugin you can follow this knowledgebase article.

You can download the latest Lansweeper version here.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Soon.

I'll update this topic once the new version is live, the current latest version is 6.0.151.26, so as soon as a higher version is available for download, the chrome extension should work.
ewieder
Engaged Sweeper
do you have a timeline of when the new version will be released?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
We know 😉 , at the moment the new version of the extension is already on the Chrome store, however, since the plugin changed, Lansweeper must also be updated so it can actually use the plugin.

At the moment, if you try and install the new plugin, Lansweeper will still attempt to use the old plugin. Once we release a new version, the new extension should work (be sure to check the changelog as it should be mentioned: https://www.lansweeper.com/changelog.aspx ).
Schmoo
Engaged Sweeper II
I can find it in the webstore and can add it to Chrome but it doesn't work. Just FYI.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Thank you for reporting the issue. We were already aware of the issue and we're working to get it back up ASAP.

For them moment I recommend you use Firefox or IE to run actions.