cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikerennie
Engaged Sweeper
Has anyone been able to connect Lansweeper to PowerBI to generate dashboards and what not?

If so, how did you go about it?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5
Hendrik_VE
Champion Sweeper III
I have a couple of Lansweeper reports configured which I export on a weekly base to CSV files.
Based on these CSV files, I've then created Power BI reports in PBI Desktop which I published to PBI Service.
Using the Power BI On Premise Gateway, you can easily sync the Lansweeper CSV reports with PBI Service.

We use Power BI to monitor our "Security Posture", for instance how many Windows assets have installed the latest Windows updates, do they have AV and if yes is the AV signature still up to date, how many systems are (almost) end of life, vulnerability status, etc...
It's quite an 'eye opener' to have these reports in Power BI.

Another big advantage of Power BI is that you can manage roles, thereby making it possible that asset owners can only view their own assets in Power BI, and only the information I want them to see. So no need for me to give them access to Lansweeper, where they can view more then they're allowed to.
There's only a small monthly license fee for the Power BI Service license, which is required to view reports.

Of course it's also possible to directly query data from the LS SQL DB, but in my specific case that's not an option.
DFullerton
Engaged Sweeper
mikerennie wrote:
Has anyone been able to connect Lansweeper to PowerBI to generate dashboards and what not?

Thanks!

Did you ever have any luck with this? Exploring the same thing myself...
sperigo
Engaged Sweeper II
DFullerton wrote:
mikerennie wrote:

Thanks!

I've been able to do this. I got access to the backend database tables and then connect via PowerBI. I'm now beginning to create items from it. I used some of my current report tables and chose to show them in PowerBI. You simply need to know which (unless you want them all) tables to bring into your Power BI instance.
prabhu
Engaged Sweeper
sperigo wrote:
DFullerton wrote:
mikerennie wrote:

Thanks!

I've been able to do this. I got access to the backend database tables and then connect via PowerBI. I'm now beginning to create items from it. I used some of my current report tables and chose to show them in PowerBI. You simply need to know which (unless you want them all) tables to bring into your Power BI instance.

So, how did you manage?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
I'm in no way a Power BI expert, but you should be able to directly connect to the SQL Server database you are using for Lansweeper (if you are using an SQL server version).