7 REPLIES 7
Richard_A
Engaged Sweeper II
protosimplex wrote:
First you have to download the Update-ISO

Look here for the manual:

Manual

After download, exctract the iso to your "Package_Share"

I have uses this installer for 1803 & 1809; but it is not working for 1903?
I did check, options are still valid, any help would be great
zapulver
Engaged Sweeper
Getting an error that the installer cannot create a file that already exists. Any ideas?
chite
Engaged Sweeper
first of all, thank you for uploading this deployment xml, it runs great. I am having one issue. I've modified the parameters on my lansweeper instance to only "/auto upgrade". generally when we deploy the script we want the machine to reboot to finish the upgrade to (1809). when the machine reboots everything has come backup up on the machine however there's no notification to lansweeper letting it know the process is done so it just ends up timing out.... is there a way to put a stop (success) to trigger when the machine comes back up after the reboot to finish the update? if there's another suggestion on how I should do this, I'd more than welcome the suggestions. thanks!

attached is my xml code with my changes
chite wrote:
first of all, thank you for uploading this deployment xml, it runs great. I am having one issue. I've modified the parameters on my lansweeper instance to only "/auto upgrade". generally when we deploy the script we want the machine to reboot to finish the upgrade to (1809). when the machine reboots everything has come backup up on the machine however there's no notification to lansweeper letting it know the process is done so it just ends up timing out.... is there a way to put a stop (success) to trigger when the machine comes back up after the reboot to finish the update? if there's another suggestion on how I should do this, I'd more than welcome the suggestions. thanks!

I don't believe Lansweeper reboots with package deployments ever work well as it doesn't report back etc after the reboot.
chite wrote:

What is, when you try a Timeout like this?

Action --> Command
Step Name --> Wait 5 Minutes
Command --> timout 300 > NUL

PeterJG
Champion Sweeper II
quick note to users who utilize VT-D setting in bios.. build 1803 will not boot up if you have virtualization support enable on desktops and you have VT-D ENabled as well.. i found out the hard way on my home PC which has both features on.. wasted about 2 weeks digging for issues.
fjca
Champion Sweeper II
PeterG wrote:
quick note to users who utilize VT-D setting in bios.. build 1803 will not boot up if you have virtualization support enable on desktops and you have VT-D ENabled as well.. i found out the hard way on my home PC which has both features on.. wasted about 2 weeks digging for issues.

Let me guess, a P6T Asus motherboard ?