cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mneuman2015
Engaged Sweeper
Hey there!

I have been using Lansweeper off and on since 2014, and have even introduced Lansweeper successfully at three different facilities (an Engineering firm, a County Public Schools, and an International Non-Profit), and it has been a successful hit every time. I absolutely love the way lansweeper is built and works.

That being said, I have an issue with the software deployment this time around. The error I'm getting is: "Result: Package timeout reached. Task Error: Incorrect function. Timeout: (600Sec). Credential: (domain\domainadmin). ShareCredential: (domain\domainadmin). Schedule didn't run before timeout.

I have tried intervals of between 120 seconds and 1200 seconds. They all fail with the same error message.
I have already run testconnection.exe, I've checked that the account has access to the target computer at: \\targetcomputer\c$, as well as the account has full access to the {DefaultPackage} share. I'm at a loss here, as we are hoping to replace PDQ Deploy with Lansweeper Deployments.

While the error I'm receiving is the same, I've tried a variety of packages, some as complex as a multi-step install, and some as simple as an xcopy command to copy a file to a C$ root.

Any help would be necessary!!
5 REPLIES 5
mwrobo09
Champion Sweeper
One thing that has worked for me in the past is to connect to the machine through the admin share or go on the machine and delete C:\Windows\LSDeployment folder and then redeploy through Lansweeper.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
All i can suggest at the moment is the following:

1. Do a test to the asset with testconnection.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the client machine, submit the same credential used by Lansweeper to scan the client and show us the entire test window. All checks should be green.

2. Update to the latest version (6.0.150.60). Instructions can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/118/updating-your-installation.html

3. If it persist, contact our support team.
Charles.X wrote:
All i can suggest at the moment is the following:

1. Do a test to the asset with testconnection.exe, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the client machine, submit the same credential used by Lansweeper to scan the client and show us the entire test window. All checks should be green.

2. Update to the latest version (6.0.150.60). Instructions can be found here: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/118/updating-your-installation.html

3. If it persist, contact our support team.

Charles.X, Thank you for your help. The testconnection.exe came back positive on all tests. I'll open a support ticket with the support team shortly.

Thanks!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The error message you receive, "Incorrect function" means that the command was executed but returned an error. This can have many different causes (File not found, access denied, incorrect command or other).

I'd recommend checking you deployment log to see what step the package failed. This might give you an indication of where it went wrong.

Additionally, you can test your deployment package steps. For testing the commands:
  • Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package.
  • Use the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options.
  • Paste the command into the command prompt of a machine where the deployment failed.
  • This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well.
  • If the command worked then we recommend that you check that the command has been added correctly to your package and the parameter are also correctly added to the parameter field.
If a step works in the Command Prompt, it should work in the deployment package.
Charles.X wrote:
The error message you receive, "Incorrect function" means that the command was executed but returned an error. This can have many different causes (File not found, access denied, incorrect command or other).

I'd recommend checking you deployment log to see what step the package failed. This might give you an indication of where it went wrong.

Additionally, you can test your deployment package steps. For testing the commands:
  • Copy the Result command of the failed deployment package.
  • Use the exact path defined under Deployment\Security options.
  • Paste the command into the command prompt of a machine where the deployment failed.
  • This should help you identify the cause of the issue. Only when the command works in Command Prompt will it work in Lansweeper as well.
  • If the command worked then we recommend that you check that the command has been added correctly to your package and the parameter are also correctly added to the parameter field.
If a step works in the Command Prompt, it should work in the deployment package.

Charles,

We tested the command:

copy \\SERVER\defaultpackageshare$\textfiles\test\test.txt c:\ on our target computer, running command prompt as our deploy credentials, and it worked just fine. However, if I go back into lansweeper and try to deploy the same command, it times out again.