cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Hi,

I have created a new status for our helpdesk tickets called "On-hold".

This will be used where we agree with our customer that a job will be done at a currently undefined date/time in the future but we still want to keep this ticket open.

We would want to stop the SLA clock from continuing, but not lose the current time that has already elapsed.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
Ian
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ian_F
Lansweeper Alumni
Hi Ian,

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to pause the SLA or for the SLA to be paused based on the ticket state. Automatically pausing the SLA based on the ticket's state has been requested before by our customers and is already on our customer wish list. I have linked your post to the feature request to add weight to it. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide you with an estimated release date for this feature at this moment.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WilsonTech
Engaged Sweeper II
I too would love this feature. And the ability to set a date for the ticket to change to a different status.
Ian_Prentice
Champion Sweeper
Thanks Ian, hopefully we can see it soon. Thanks for your help!
Ian_F
Lansweeper Alumni
Hi Ian,

Unfortunately, it is currently not possible to pause the SLA or for the SLA to be paused based on the ticket state. Automatically pausing the SLA based on the ticket's state has been requested before by our customers and is already on our customer wish list. I have linked your post to the feature request to add weight to it. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide you with an estimated release date for this feature at this moment.
Ian.F wrote:
Hi Ian,

I feel that this request should have more weight as it was originally requested in 2018, has several people needing this functionality and In my opinion, being able to stop the clock because you are waiting on the user or because an appointment was made to install etc should have been available since the beginning. I have worked with several helpdesk systems and they have all had the ability to "Stop the clock" Please get this working ASAP.

Ian.F wrote:
Hi Ian,

Is there any update on this request? This is a very important feature for us to have, I thought it was an option but it's only for ticket types not states.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now