cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max204
Engaged Sweeper II
Since we cannot use the Helpdesk of Lansweeper, since we already use Another one, I’d like to get rid of the notification that I'm an inactive Helpdesk agent when logging in.
But I can't make my user a regular user since Lansweeper tells me that "This agent still has some tickets".

When I look at my tickets I cannot see one single item, the list is empty.
A bug?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The current method might be a bit confusing, but you have to click the transfer button next to the agent you want to transfer the information to. Then you select the agent you want to transfer information from.
transfer

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
jpatrick
Engaged Sweeper
Have this same issue, but do not understand why I would want to remove previously resolved and "closed" tickets from an agent, will this not skew statistics for future reporting purposes?
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
No worries it is understandable. We are aware many people make this mistake since it is not very intuitive.
jdaniel
Engaged Sweeper III
yes, got it.. sorry, I was thinking backwards.. go to the user you are not deleting and then click transfer (FROM) user you are deleting.. Thank you for your patience!
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The current method might be a bit confusing, but you have to click the transfer button next to the agent you want to transfer the information to. Then you select the agent you want to transfer information from.
transfer
jdaniel
Engaged Sweeper III
same issue here. We are trying to remove old users that had created tickets in the past and when we transfer to a different user and then try to delete the row, it still says we need to transfer the data to a different user..any ideas?
kboston
Engaged Sweeper
I'm having the same issue. I've tried the transfer to another user at least 4 times and it still gives me the error. We are on version 6.0.100.29.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
Make sure you're clicking on the icon of the agent you want to transfer data to, not from.

In older versions (pre-6.0.0.63) it was sometimes needed to do this transfer twice since not all history was correctly transferred the first time. You could try doing the transfer a second time, which should transfer all remaining data.
max204
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank you. I don't seem to get this to work though.

I'm still getting the "Error. This agent still has some tickets." after clicking on the Transfer to this agent button and assigning the tickets onto Another user.
Karel_DS
Champion Sweeper III
This message can mean you're:
  • The user of a ticket
  • The agent of a ticket
  • Subscribed to a ticket

You'll first have to transfer all the helpdek data to a different user before you can turn an agent into a normal user. To do this:
  • Go to the Configuration -> User Access & Roles page
  • Locate an active agent in the users table (depending on your Lansweeper version the row will light up when you click the small icon at the front of the row)
  • Click on the agent + arrow icon near the end (2nd icon), when hovering over the icon you should see 'Transfer to this agent'
  • Then in the dialog select the agent which you want to make a user and click 'ok'
After that's done you should be able to turn the agent into a user.